Should i resit AS level year or all AS units with my A2 exams??

Watch
Nimmy666
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Should i resit tho whos AS year or resit all AS units whilst doing A2?.Which will be better off and most likely get me good grades?
I got DDDC at AS. Im quite smart just lazy and didnt revise enough. This is a real kick up the bum.

I did maths chem bio and RS.

Should i resit the year or resit all units with A2. Also consider no jan exams so it will be 12-18 exams only in june and applying for uni. It will be hell.

Im aiming for minimum all B's

Please help.. Which one should i so.. I have no one in my family to give me advice on this

I posted it here as i want experienced opinions
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
KirreeS
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got CCEU in AS year, dropped maths and resat the whole of biology AS and half of sociology AS the same year that I did my A2s

Most resit exams were a grade up and I finished with BDE
I'd say do your A2's this year, drop the subject you revised most and only redo exams you got below a C in. Also make sure you are well organised
JessL97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thats a tough one! I think you have to think about whether you are good at handling stress? especially during exam period. If you are then you may be able to resit your AS exams at the same time as long as you can still focus on your A2 exams and not get too stressed out. If not then maybe resitting the year may be a better option. But then again you have to think about whether you are going to take the subjects at A2 aswell, in which case you would have to stay at college for another year. (is that something you are willing to do? without loosing motivation in that last year).
hope that helped.
Awais117
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm in a similar position to you I got DDEE at AS now I'm going onto A2 I put like no effort in and deserved what I got but if you know you can do way better I would suggest that you do you're AS resits during A2 it will also give you more of a chance at prestigious uni's. I've already started to go over everything and revising topic's I'm aiming for A*AA-ABB as long as you put alot of effort and work into it nothing is too much I have 12 exams next summer 5AS 7A2. Good luck to anyone in a similar position.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (72)
22.93%
Excited but a bit nervous (141)
44.9%
Not bothered either way (37)
11.78%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed