Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't anyone remember monty python.... 'every sperm is sacred'?

Also there are religious arguments against it such as the fact that 'any form of sex that is in no way procreative (doesn't lead to babies) is wrong' according to some catholic views and thus masturbation is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    there's aways that book that's always sold for £1 in flyers
    'sex for one: the joy of self- loving'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    There is no arguments, not even religiously, because the bible does not even say that you cannot masturbate
    Yes it does, in the old testament. It's called the Sin of Onan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suspicious_fish)
    Yes it does, in the old testament. It's called the Sin of Onan.
    Yeah wasnt he the dude who "spilled his seed on the ground" ? At least its not included in the seven big ones!

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't the sin of Onan refer less to the fact that he masturbated and more to the fact that he disobeyed God by not getting his dead brothers wife pregnant (don't ask). Most people I speak to who are against Masturbation are christians and are against it because they feel that it commits the sin of lust. Because you are fanasising about someone. I personally don't agree with it but when looking on websites to find a christian quote on Mastarbation I found this one which I thought was funny.

"In addition, masturbation is a homosexual act: sex with a person of the same sex, namely yourself."

Is this a common christian view point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Doesn't the sin of Onan refer less to the fact that he masturbated and more to the fact that he disobeyed God by not getting his dead brothers wife pregnant (don't ask). Most people I speak to who are against Masturbation are christians and are against it because they feel that it commits the sin of lust. Because you are fanasising about someone. I personally don't agree with it but when looking on websites to find a christian quote on Mastarbation I found this one which I thought was funny.

"In addition, masturbation is a homosexual act: sex with a person of the same sex, namely yourself."

I really doubt that's a common viewpoint, as masturbation isn't actually sex, just a sexual act. An anyway, it's yourself, not another person. It just goes against common sense.
    I'm not certain on the details of Onan, all I know is that that's what that "sin" is called. The bit I remember from the OT is where men are forbidden from spilling their seed on the ground, like markie said.

ReputationRep:

I really doubt that's a common viewpoint, as masturbation isn't actually sex, just a sexual act. An anyway, it's yourself, not another person. It just goes against common sense.
    I'm not certain on the details of Onan, all I know is that that's what that "sin" is called. The bit I remember from the OT is where men are forbidden from spilling their seed on the ground, like markie said.

Don't be offended, but isn't that what lesbians do, engage in sexual acts? I mean they can't really have sex????

ReputationRep:
    I believe that in the case of Onan, God has his commanded his people (for that specific time only) to basically have sex a lot in order to raise children for an army of sorts. Onan had married his dead brothers wife, and felt a bit guilty about this, and so when he had sex with her he would pull out just before he came so that he could "spill his seed on the ground". This pissed of God solely because Onan was effectively stopping his wife from bearing children, despite the fact God wanted them too for a specific reason at that specific time. It certainly doesn't mean that masturbation is wrong now - after all, I don't hear God commanding us to raise an army so we can blow up some communists right now - or even that it was wrong for Onan. I presume God would have been with okay with it if he wasn't using masturbation solely to get out of having kids.

ReputationRep:

thats a funny quote

religion is probably the only reason for being against masturbation, and im not religious. There is nothing wrong with it at all and as was mentioned earlier reduced the chance of postate cancer

ReputationRep:
    Do like the comedian Dave Chapelle said, sit on your hand til it gets numb before you masturbate.

ReputationRep:
    when someone prefers masterbation over the real thing it is worrying. especially those who are in a relationship or married or wanting kids etc.

ReputationRep:
    Most people I speak to who are against Masturbation are christians and are against it because they feel that it commits the sin of lust.
    Lust is a stupid sin, so is pride.

ReputationRep:
    If you ever get caught though, you just use the Billy Connelly excuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Lust is a stupid sin, so is pride.
    Personally I agree but it is what some people believe and who are we to judge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArisGreenleaf)
    Don't be offended, but isn't that what lesbians do, engage in sexual acts? I mean they can't really have sex????
    If you take the word "sex" to mean "the insertion of a penis into a vagina" (sorry to get techincal here.....), then no, gay people do not have sex. Put if you use the words "sexual intercourse" to mean that, and the word "sex" to mean "sexual acts", then yes, they do.
    However, if the second is true then foreplay is technically full sex.

ReputationRep:
    so taking that first definition, what if a man was to give himself fellatio, then it would not be homosexual? heh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihi)
    so taking that first definition, what if a man was to give himself fellatio, then it would not be homosexual? heh
    Umm..... no.
    A mouth is not a vagina.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, duhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihi)
    Well, for a start he'd have to be very well hung.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Well, for a start he'd have to be very well hung.
    It can be done, I'm told, but only if the man's got a flexible spine and is about 7-8 inches.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.