The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Blocked from UCL freshers..

I've been asking a few people to help, but no one has replied...

I tried joining my accommodation group and the UCL Freshers 2014-2015 group on Facebook, but I got blocked for no apparent reason? I tried contacting the admins but none of them responded. So I was wondering if anyone already in the group (or even an admin hah) can help me out?
I'm not the only one who got blocked from joining the FB groups for no reason too...

(I'm an international student and I'd really like to use the groups as a way to feel slightly more confident about what to expect and blah)
hi babe! i'm a promoter so i keep getting blocked from the facebook pages , but some don't even accept me , they're just sooooo slow at accepting :P

did you get blocked from the one that has people like kissing and covered in paint as the cover photo? or another one? there are like 100 :P if you can describe the cover photo , i'll find the page for you and tell you who the admin is so you can send them a message :smile: i got blocked from my accommodation's facebook page for no reason , so i sent the admin a message and he added me back in
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by hotliketea
hi babe! i'm a promoter so i keep getting blocked from the facebook pages , but some don't even accept me , they're just sooooo slow at accepting :P

did you get blocked from the one that has people like kissing and covered in paint as the cover photo? or another one? there are like 100 :P if you can describe the cover photo , i'll find the page for you and tell you who the admin is so you can send them a message :smile: i got blocked from my accommodation's facebook page for no reason , so i sent the admin a message and he added me back in

Thanks for replying!
I think I just look v young in my profile picture or something, lol.
I sent the admins messages (they're also admins to other groups) but none have replied for over 2 weeks!
It's blue and has photos of people partying. There's a page with the same photo, it's called "University College London UCL Freshers 2014-2015".
I also got blocked from my accommodation group! By the same admins too, ahh. Also no reply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Somebody else got blocked because they basically told one of those annoying promo things to go away. Keep trying but you may have to get someone in the group to speak up for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Excelebration
Somebody else got blocked because they basically told one of those annoying promo things to go away. Keep trying but you may have to get someone in the group to speak up for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're not insulting/harming others then idg why people should get blocked to be honest...

I don't know anyone from the groups, which is why I posted this thread... hoped someone from tsr is in one of the groups.
Reply 5
My experience is that I was in the official group initially but I had to delete my fb account and create a new one. Then when I tried to add myself to the group from my new account, I was blocked. -.- so bloody annoying. I've tried inboxing admins but to no avail :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by RAccurso
My experience is that I was in the official group initially but I had to delete my fb account and create a new one. Then when I tried to add myself to the group from my new account, I was blocked. -.- so bloody annoying. I've tried inboxing admins but to no avail :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My real name on fb is Raffaela Valentina Accurso btw :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
My real name on fb is Raffaela Valentina Accurso btw :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I tried messaging the admins but it's been no use either. If you added anyone from the group then maybe you can message them?

What course will you be studying and which accommodation btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by bx17
I tried messaging the admins but it's been no use either. If you added anyone from the group then maybe you can message them?

What course will you be studying and which accommodation btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm messaging people now :smile:

I'm doing history, staying in Schafer house! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Yeah I'm messaging people now :smile:

I'm doing history, staying in Schafer house! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let me know if you get a reply, please!

I'm doing pharmacy and staying in James Lighthill c:
Reply 10
Bump~
Reply 11
Original post by bx17
Bump~

Again... Bump!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest