did anyone take english lit or lang at a level?

Watch
lizzcelby
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
if u did, did you find it interesting, boring etc
brownbearxo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Loved it
lizzcelby
Rep:
?
(Original post by brownbearxo)
Loved it
both?
sharvarivadeyar
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi! I did English Language AS and I found it pretty interesting tbh. I kinda miss it now haha :P But truthfully while I was studying it it was quite a task getting myself to write 600-900 word essays and commentaries. If you are planning on taking Language I'd say good luck! Be sure to read widely, explore different genres and practice as much as possible because that's the only way to improve!
brownbearxo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
English lit
bumblebee342
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did English language and found it boring, haha. I just missed the literature side but hadn't wanted to do literature alone. Everyone I know who did it loved it though
lizzcelby
Rep:
?
(Original post by sharvarivadeyar)
Hi! I did English Language AS and I found it pretty interesting tbh. I kinda miss it now haha :P But truthfully while I was studying it it was quite a task getting myself to write 600-900 word essays and commentaries. If you are planning on taking Language I'd say good luck! Be sure to read widely, explore different genres and practice as much as possible because that's the only way to improve!
for my a levels i chose lit media sociology and business for law i am definately changing media to history but i am not sure if i should change sociology to english language
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
English Lit. - if you enjoy writing essays/enjoy poetry/enjoy reading. it's probably for you.

the coursework is a bit of a ***** but certainly manageable.
Cityking94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did English Language and loved it. I was on the AQA syllabus and 50% of AS was exam and 50% was coursework and this ratio was also the same for A2. Both examinations at AS and A2 for ours was written so if you like writing essays based on sources given to you in the exam without reading a ton of books (relatively, compared to Lit) then it is the way to go. If you like reading various different literature from multiple authors and comparing and contrasting and remembering lines etc then go for Literature too. If you're more creative, then English Language is also for you as you'll have to produce work of your own with the help of a teacher etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.74%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (75)
42.13%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads