Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone's going to Warwick for Accounting & Finance (NN34), entry 2004/2005. It would be nice to make some friends before I go to uni this year. I am interested to know what your offers are and what subjects you're studying.

I'm living away from home, as I stay in Scotland!

Did anyone attend the Open Days, if so, what did you think of the place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valcandy)
    Just wondering if anyone's going to Warwick for Accounting & Finance (NN34), entry 2004/2005. It would be nice to make some friends before I go to uni this year. I am interested to know what your offers are and what subjects you're studying.

I'm living away from home, as I stay in Scotland!

Did anyone attend the Open Days, if so, what did you think of the place?
    hi ! yeah im off to warwick for Acc and Fin in a few months time .. hopefully ! ive got an AAB offer. I thought the place was gr8 i didnt go to an open day but i visited last summer and i really loved it, especially the arthur vic halls. im currently doing Maths, Economics and Computing, what abt u?

ReputationRep:
    Did you visit Lakeside by any chance? That is my first choice, I want to know what it is like from someone's personal experience.

I'm doing Pure Maths, Applied maths, Business Management, Accounting & Finance...its all in my profile.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a pretty similiar situation ....got offer from Warwick and not from LSE. The offer from warwk is AABb ....in maths, econ and history with further AS maths. v.worried about the further AS maths. i've also got 3 other offers but i haven't replied to ucas about my choices yet. honestly i don't really know where to go as my mind somehow isn't really engaged in these choices at all.

ReputationRep:
    Where are the other offers from? Trust me, Warwick has a really good name for its business school! Plus, LSE actually gives a lower offer of ABB for accounting & finance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valcandy)
    Did you visit Lakeside by any chance? That is my first choice, I want to know what it is like from someone's personal experience.

I'm doing Pure Maths, Applied maths, Business Management, Accounting & Finance...its all in my profile.
    errm yeah i did visit lakeside, but they wouldnt let us go in for some reason ... it looked pretty alrite from the outside n e way :confused: . yeah i got rejected from LSE but im not too depressed i think i preferred warwick n e way altho i would have gone to LSE for its reputation. but still id much rather be in warwick.

ReputationRep:
    i got an offer from both LSE and Warwick! LSE's offer was indeed lower than Warwick's! warwick is my firm choice with lse and my insurance. i was not impressed with lse at all! the whole place (apart from the libaray) was ancient and the lecture rooms were fallin apart and from what ive heard the teaching there isn't exactly amazing! Warwick however has a good reputation and its stance is increasing as top british univeristy.

all in all im pleased ive chosen warwick and not lse. all thats now left is to get AAB

from the doggy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoopdogme)
    i got an offer from both LSE and Warwick! LSE's offer was indeed lower than Warwick's! warwick is my firm choice with lse and my insurance. i was not impressed with lse at all! the whole place (apart from the libaray) was ancient and the lecture rooms were fallin apart and from what ive heard the teaching there isn't exactly amazing! Warwick however has a good reputation and its stance is increasing as top british univeristy.

all in all im pleased ive chosen warwick and not lse. all thats now left is to get AAB

from the doggy
    Hey i am in the same situation as you...got offers from both warwick and lse for management..i hav just replied to ucas yesterday...hav chosen warwick! this decision was hard!!but i am sure i will be happier in warwick thats why i made this choice..what course hav u applied for?

ReputationRep:

from the doggy
    Hey i am in the same situation as you...got offers from both warwick and lse for management..i hav just replied to ucas yesterday...hav chosen warwick as firm and lse as insurance! this decision was hard!!but i am sure i will be happier in warwick thats why i made this choice..what course hav u applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cel)
    Hey i am in the same situation as you...got offers from both warwick and lse for management..i hav just replied to ucas yesterday...hav chosen warwick as firm and lse as insurance! this decision was hard!!but i am sure i will be happier in warwick thats why i made this choice..what course hav u applied for?
    yeah i know was a very tough decision! im glad i chose warwick though! did u go to the LSE openday last week? wot did u think? im doin accountancy and finance and applied the same for lse! is lse ur insurance?

from the doggy

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know was a very tough decision! im glad i chose warwick though! did u go to the LSE openday last week? wot did u think? im doin accountancy and finance and applied the same for lse! is lse ur insurance?

from the doggy
    yeh lse is my insurance now..which is abb..didnt go to the lse open day but i know i am not gonna like it cos i hav heard its really small and old!did u go? was it that putting off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cel)
    yeh lse is my insurance now..which is abb..didnt go to the lse open day but i know i am not gonna like it cos i hav heard its really small and old!did u go? was it that putting off?
    yeah i went and was a waste of my time to be honest! the lecturer for my course put EVERYONE to asleep and didnt not have a clue bout the course in general! when students asked questions he didnt have a clue how to answer them!

The tour of LSE was a disgrace! our tour 'guide' to all his credit tried to speak some english but failed miserably! i dont understand why lse would this and ask people who can barely speak english to show parents and students around? any way we didnt actually get to see any of the facilities except the library and a random squash court that was in one of the buildings!

In warwick the whole openday was planned out properly and seemed 'professional' if u know what i mean! the lecutre on my course was revealing and interesting! the warwick campus is amazing whereas LSE has no campus except london itself!

Oh yeah the accomadation is much better in warwick than LSE from what ive heard!

from the doggy

ReputationRep:
    yeah i went and was a waste of my time to be honest! the lecturer for my course put EVERYONE to asleep and didnt not have a clue bout the course in general! when students asked questions he didnt have a clue how to answer them!

The tour of LSE was a disgrace! our tour 'guide' to all his credit tried to speak some english but failed miserably! i dont understand why lse would this and ask people who can barely speak english to show parents and students around? any way we didnt actually get to see any of the facilities except the library and a random squash court that was in one of the buildings!

In warwick the whole openday was planned out properly and seemed 'professional' if u know what i mean! the lecutre on my course was revealing and interesting! the warwick campus is amazing whereas LSE has no campus except london itself!

Oh yeah the accomadation is much better in warwick than LSE from what ive heard!

from the doggy
    i went to warwick open day as well..really liked it, the sports facilities are great!! i just hope i wont regret after putting it as my 1st choice!!lse's reputation is better but i am sure warwick business school is as highly regarded as lse!now i am just concentrating on getting the grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cel)
    i went to warwick open day as well..really liked it, the sports facilities are great!! i just hope i wont regret after putting it as my 1st choice!!lse's reputation is better but i am sure warwick business school is as highly regarded as lse!now i am just concentrating on getting the grades!
    lol tell me bout it! wot subjects u doin? i have no idea how im gonna get AAB :confused:

from the doggy

ReputationRep:
    I've also heard quite a lot of other people saying that LSE is actually not as good as it seems to be, both in the uni environment itself and particularly on the teaching of undergraduates. This is indeed very very important for us (much more important than research) since without good teaching it is very difficult for a student to excel and enjoy the course. And while I was at the Warwick open day, yes the open day was indeed very well organised and the lecturers and students are very good in explaining the course and the uni to us. I'm sure u guys have made the right decision and with an offer in hand as well I also feel that I should take hold of this golden chance and perhaps, at the end of the day, not going to LSE but Warwick migh actually doing me some kind of favour for my undergraduate education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaSTle OUtsiDeR)
    I've also heard quite a lot of other people saying that LSE is actually not as good as it seems to be, both in the uni environment itself and particularly on the teaching of undergraduates. This is indeed very very important for us (much more important than research) since without good teaching it is very difficult for a student to excel and enjoy the course. And while I was at the Warwick open day, yes the open day was indeed very well organised and the lecturers and students are very good in explaining the course and the uni to us. I'm sure u guys have made the right decision and with an offer in hand as well I also feel that I should take hold of this golden chance and perhaps, at the end of the day, not going to LSE but Warwick migh actually doing me some kind of favour for my undergraduate education.
    I take it you have accepted Warwick as your firm then?? wot course m8? there is not one thing i liked about LSE! the accomadation on average is about 30mins away! jus imagine walkin that at least twice a day through central london! at first it might seem a novelty but would soon start to piss me off! in warwick could wake up at 8:59 jump outta my window and be at lecture for 9:00

from the doggy

ReputationRep:
    lol One minute? Just what I was thinking. LSE isn't all that it's made out to be, afterall. AAB...oh dear, better get a move on then.

ReputationRep:
    is anyone takin there car up with them? im contemplating whether to take it or not? and yes the sports facilities are amazing! in london you'd have to travel half hour by tube to get to the playin fields!

from the doggy

ReputationRep:
    o I'll be doing acc & fin as well....yea sports facilities is another important thing....I like the fact that there are lots of good fields around...esp. tennis courts that's the key to me !! well though I haven't replied to UCAS yet I'll probably take warwick as my firm. other 3 offers i've got, referring to the question asked previously, include notts, UCL and manchester. actually notts is amazing as well i tell u.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaSTle OUtsiDeR)
    o I'll be doing acc & fin as well....yea sports facilities is another important thing....I like the fact that there are lots of good fields around...esp. tennis courts that's the key to me !! well though I haven't replied to UCAS yet I'll probably take warwick as my firm. other 3 offers i've got, referring to the question asked previously, include notts, UCL and manchester. actually notts is amazing as well i tell u.
    i have to agree with you on the sport facilities they are second to none!! & i have to agree with u about notts! i had an offer from them as well and was very impressed and it was a toss up between that and LSE for insurance! i had offers frm birmingham, bristol and cardiff (my home town) as well!

where bouts u from? warwick is the place to go man! oh yeah wasnt the deadline 2day? or did u get any late offers?

from the doggy

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.