The Student Room Group

Student finance payment in on the 15th September on time??

Hi guys, I am getting my student finance grant and maintinance on the 15th September which is on a Monday.

I really this this money to be in my account on the 15th. Will it get there on time and can i recieve payments earlier?

many thanks
Original post by CallMeMaybeBaby
Hi guys, I am getting my student finance grant and maintinance on the 15th September which is on a Monday.

I really this this money to be in my account on the 15th. Will it get there on time and can i recieve payments earlier?

many thanks

If your a continuing student you should receive the money on the day or maybe even the day before. If your a new student it will be 3-5 working days after registration. You can't change the date unfortunatley.
Original post by jelly1000
If your a continuing student you should receive the money on the day or maybe even the day before. If your a new student it will be 3-5 working days after registration. You can't change the date unfortunatley.

Hi great stuff, i am an continuing student.

That's great thank you!!

many thanks

You will get it around 3-5 working days after that date (usually), so long as you have registered.

Yes, it is possible to get your payments earlier by contacting the student finance company however you will need a good reason. Seeing as it is a week away (just over) I really doubt they will give you an advance payment now.
Original post by EloiseStar
You will get it around 3-5 working days after that date (usually), so long as you have registered.

Yes, it is possible to get your payments earlier by contacting the student finance company however you will need a good reason. Seeing as it is a week away (just over) I really doubt they will give you an advance payment now.

The delay is only when you register for the first time and no you can't change the date- its set in stone.
Ok, so to confirm, scheduled payment on the 15th, so I will get it on the 15th OR before, NO later right? It cannot be any later as I'm buying a car.
Reply 6
Ok, so to confirm, scheduled payment on the 15th, so I will get it on the 15th OR before, NO later right? It cannot be any later as I'm buying a car.

There's no way of guaranteeing that the money will arrive in your account on the 15th. That's when SF release it. It may take a day or two (or three) to get through the banking system and into your account. You need to delay your purchase or get a short-term loan to cover you until the SF arrives.

At my uni, we had to register on campus each year before we got our SF money. In my second year, Admin cocked up registration and didn't pass the info to SF for three weeks. So I'm not sure it's true that payment after registration only ever applies to new students. It may be the case at some unis but not all of them.
Thanks ^^

My payments are shown as approved, which means according to SF, once my college confirms attendance, the money will be processed. I don't start college until the 15th, so it looks like I won't get the fecking money. Will have to borrow some money from a bloody pay day loan company and pay it back as soon as the funds hit into the account.
MaybeBaby,

In my case, SF payments for my 2nd year were always in my account 2-3 days after the date on the payment schedule, all 3 terms.

I suspect it has something to do with who you bank with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending