The Student Room Group

Unis for investment banking.

Not on opinions but on research that people have done or evidence that they have gathered themselves or seen , what university should i attend ,if I want to work in a bank middle/front office after my degree, which will be economics?
- No London unis
- My predicted grades AAA or AAB

Scroll to see replies

any really from what i hear it is top 6 (ox, imp,ucl,war,lse) then the semi( manchester, bristol, durham,edinb, cass)
Reply 2
Original post by golden tribe
any really from what i hear it is top 6 (ox, imp,ucl,war,lse) then the semi( manchester, bristol, durham,edinb, cass)

Which one would you recommend from the semi targets?
As follows:

Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial, Warwick, UCL

If you fail that, you would want to look into universities such as: Durham, Bristol, Edinburugh, Notts, Cass, York, Bath, St Andrews, Manchester, King's

There's no real order with the latter list, as it's down to you to achieve the necessary requirements (both formal and informal):

2:1 + (1st would be better)
SW/internships
Relevant leadership experience
Relevant societies etc.. etc..
It's a shame that you say no London universities as the best ones are there - LSE, UCL, Imperial. Obviously Oxbrdige but think about universities such as Bristol, Durham, Notts, Newcastle, Manchester, etc.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
As follows:

Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial, Warwick, UCL

If you fail that, you would want to look into universities such as: Durham, Bristol, Edinburugh, Notts, Cass, York, Bath, St Andrews, Manchester, King's

There's no real order with the latter list, as it's down to you to achieve the necessary requirements (both formal and informal):

2:1 + (1st would be better)
SW/internships
Relevant leadership experience
Relevant societies etc.. etc..

He did say no London universities. Although, I do agree with the list.
Reply 7
Original post by DylanJ96
It's a shame that you say no London universities as the best ones are there - LSE, UCL, Imperial. Obviously Oxbrdige but think about universities such as Bristol, Durham, Notts, Newcastle, Manchester, etc.

I know i just want to get out of London. So what about your self, are you at university or at sixthform?

Why do you suggest Newcastle?

He's going there :wink:
What kind of guy wants to be in IB but does not seem to like London chokka as it is with top flight target unis and every employer of any relevance for internships ?

lolnewcastle

Why wouldn't I suggest Newcastle?
Original post by Mr Chang
lolnewcastle

What's wrong with Newcastle? It's a top 20 university, on par with Manchester and Notts.
Why wouldn't I suggest Newcastle?

No reason, other than the fact I've never heard it being mentioned before :biggrin:

What's wrong with Newcastle? It's a top 20 university, on par with Manchester and Notts.

:rolleyes:
Original post by solomon0798
I know i just want to get out of London. So what about your self, are you at university or at sixthform?

Just finished school there.
No reason, other than the fact I've never heard it being mentioned before :biggrin:

Well, people forgot about Newcastle a lot for some reason. :tongue: It's definitely better than some mentioned here though, I'd say.
Original post by Old_Simon
What kind of guy wants to be in IB but does not seem to like London chokka as it is with top flight target unis and every employer of any relevance for internships ?

A guy that doesn't want to study in London.
Well, people forgot about Newcastle a lot for some reason. :tongue: It's definitely better than some mentioned here though, I'd say.

I doubt it, if the ones mentioned are the ones recruiters target the most to find talented students. Each to their own, nonetheless.
semi are manchester, bristol durham, Edinburgh, cass, st andrew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending