Should i resit the AS year or all my AS exams with A2 exams ?

Watch
Nimmy666
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Should i resit tho whos AS year or resit all AS units whilst doing A2?.Which will be better off and most likely get me good grades?
I got DDDC at AS. Im quite smart just lazy and didnt revise enough. This is a real kick up the bum.

I did maths chem bio and RS.

Should i resit the year or resit all units with A2. Also consider no jan exams so it will be 12-18 exams only in june and applying for uni. It will be hell.

I want 3 B's. Carrying in with maths bio chem

Please help.. Which one should i so.. I have no one in my family to give me advice on this

I posted it here as i want experienced opinions
Dalilsp
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Particularly with Chem (OCR) and maths (at least for Edexcel), the A2 modules contain a lot of the AS material so I think you should carry on with the A2 with AS retakes
chemistrykid123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would take AS exams in your a2 year then use your resit year 13 and redo your a2 exams.
Magnus Taylor
Badges: 15
?
Report 7 years ago
Retake the year and perhaps drop one of those D's
theresheglows
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It depends on a couple of things:
1. The course and/or uni you want to go to - does it accept A-levels taken over 3 years? This is the most important limiting factor, check this before making a decision.
2. If you resit AS units in your A2 units will you be able to cope with the workload? A2 is harder than AS and takes more time; but whether you think you can do this is entirely up to you.

As far as exams in summer goes, the AS exams are a few weeks before the A2 exams so it's not quite as bad as it sounds, and AS will seem easier once you have done A2.
Nimmy666
Rep:
?
I was told in most schools you cant resit yr13.. And unis see it as resitting your A levels twice
Nimmy666
Rep:
?
Im doing maths and chem aqa.. What about then.. Im thinking of resitting the year as i think it will be hard to achieve above Bs.. What do you think?
Nimmy666
Rep:
?
I want to do pharmacy.. But if i do bad in yr 13 what willmy options be then.. And wont.my predicted grades for A2 be really low
Nimmy666
Rep:
?
Im carrying on maths bio chem.. Which i got all D's in.. :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (0)
0%
No (0)
0%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed