How to make a routine to build muscle and bulk

Watch
username853993
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys I'm going to uni this year and at my final year of sixform I've lost about 2 stone in weight (I was quite fat) and now want to build muscle/bulk at uni and was wondering how I make a workout routine? I am a complete novice when it comes to the gym (never actually been in one)

Thanks for any help you can give

Posted from TSR Mobile
0range
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do 5x5 stronglifts, it even has an app. It's basically just focuses on doing 5 sets of 5 reps at the heaviest weight you can do of compound lifts i.e. Bench, squat, dl (1x5) and so on
Also youtube videos on proper form. Also eat right and eat a lot
Omega3!
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by madmadmax321)
Hi guys I'm going to uni this year and at my final year of sixform I've lost about 2 stone in weight (I was quite fat) and now want to build muscle/bulk at uni and was wondering how I make a workout routine? I am a complete novice when it comes to the gym (never actually been in one)

Thanks for any help you can give

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just hop on a programme that focuses on heavy compounds lifts and has been proven to work for 99.9% of people that are consistent with it.

Examples (Easily found through google, I'd link 'em but aint nobody got time fo' dat):

Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 (most people on this forum, including myself, love this programme).

Strong lifts 5x5 (or variants)

Starting Strength (or variants)
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ice Cream Fitness is better if looks is your overall goal but takes more time. SS and SL are more strength focused but will still add muscle to you the same, just a bit less attention to detail. SS involves power cleans which are good but difficult for a noob to teach themselves sometimes so better if you have someone who can help you out (most PTs can't teach a clean for ****).
AMG44
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Everyone recommends 5x5, personally I think it's load of rubbish. Must do deadlifts, bull****.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (385)
56.78%
I don't have everything I need (293)
43.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed