The Student Room Group

Can a good looking guy pull at nightclubs or bars quite easily?

A guy, say who's 7 to 8 out of 10 in terms of looks, but doesn't have much experience with women, can he pull quite easily or get offers when in a nightclub/bar quite far into the night?

I've never been clubbing before and will start freshers week at a university that is top 10 next week (so very intelligent, more conserved girls possibly) and am placed in a non-main campus that is located at a pretty crap town. I haven't had much experience with women because I went to an all boys grammar school and sixth form - how hard do you think it would be for me to pull in night clubs or bars at uni?

I'm talking about from girls who are atleast 4-5/10 and above.

Scroll to see replies

I'm the same age, going to Newcastle University in a few weeks, and I can so I'm sure you can too! Depends on the promiscuity of the club but at a club called Bamboo in Glasgow (full of girls who wear belts as skirts), I pulled a girl within the first half an hour of being there - she just came next to me when I was dancing and then she went in for the kiss. I'd say she was a solid 7/8. 20 minutes afterwards, a drunk guy winked at me and then basically forced his tongue down my throat and his hands... well, below the belt area.

You should have no problem if you're a decent looking guy and the girl's are drunk enough/ up for it.
Reply 2
It's generally not easy for guys to pull whether you're attractive or not. You need a certain confidence. I've seen guys with the world on a plate struggle with it

Either that or, y'know, hope they're pretty drunk.
I find it hard to visualise someone going by just a random number out of 10.

As long as you have plenty of self confidence (a.k.a not me) you'll be fine.
(edited 9 years ago)
Not if you ain't got swag.
Original post by Haque95
Sounds cool (expect for the part about the guy lol). So do you consider this happening because of your 'good looks' or any other factor?

The guy was there was someone who appeared to be his girlfriend who was conveniently in the toilet at the time he did that. :tongue:

I don't know tbh, I don't like to judge my own looks - in fact, I find it almost impossible. I am kind of confident with people though so that might have been a factor but in both cases the other people made the move first.
Yeah I'd say so. A lot of guy in clubs are really cocky and that's such a turn off. As long as you aren't that type who comes off all aloof and 'too good for people', avoids eye contact etc you will be fine.
Getting numbers is not a huge problem...one night stands are way harder.
Ah bamboo :moon: how I miss those days :tongue:

And op it fepends what you're looking for, just a kiss and a dance etc I think it's not overly difficult, next step more so. You're better off finding a girl on your course our at clubs and societies. That way you'll have similar interests and a topic to get the conversation going.
Original post by DylanJ96
I'm the same age, going to Newcastle University in a few weeks, and I can so I'm sure you can too! Depends on the promiscuity of the club but at a club called Bamboo in Glasgow (full of girls who wear belts as skirts), I pulled a girl within the first half an hour of being there - she just came next to me when I was dancing and then she went in for the kiss. I'd say she was a solid 7/8. 20 minutes afterwards, a drunk guy winked at me and then basically forced his tongue down my throat and his hands... well, below the belt area.

You should have no problem if you're a decent looking guy and the girl's are drunk enough/ up for it.
Original post by lyrical_lie
Ah bamboo :moon: how I miss those days :tongue:

And op it fepends what you're looking for, just a kiss and a dance etc I think it's not overly difficult, next step more so. You're better off finding a girl on your course our at clubs and societies. That way you'll have similar interests and a topic to get the conversation going.

Just seen you went to St Als! Love the ankle skirt, sure that wouldn't look out of place in Bamboo. :wink:
Anybody can pull to be honest, as long as you're not fussy.. Any holes a goal don't they say.
Original post by TolerantBeing
Yeah I'd say so. A lot of guy in clubs are really cocky and that's such a turn off. As long as you aren't that type who comes off all aloof and 'too good for people', avoids eye contact etc you will be fine.

this is such bull****, in clubs being cocky gets you laid THATS WHY THEY ****ING DO IT
You can start by not ranking women out of 10, being respectful and sensitive, getting to know people who you actually have something in common with (other than, apparently, a common denominator) and then see how things go.
Original post by Viceroy
You can start by not ranking women out of 10, being respectful and sensitive, getting to know people who you actually have something in common with (other than, apparently, a common denominator) and then see how things go.

strong BS
Reply 14
Original post by Viceroy

When you're in a club, you're trying to conquer and **** a girl. Not find one to worship for the rest of your life :rolleyes:.
(edited 9 years ago)
yes i find it as easy as putting on my pants in the morning
Original post by Viceroy

Hahaha what pile of

Any dick can pull. Leave the morals outside the club
*...reminded why clubs are super gross...* :vroam:
Original post by Viceroy

And when all of that inexplicably fails; log into TSR and post this thread.

Quick Reply

Latest