The Student Room Group

A-levels or IB?? Pls help :)

Hello there,
I've done IB for a week now and I'm not sure if i made the decision of taking IB instead of A levels(i can still switch to a-levels during the week).
I'm doing HL: Chem ,Bio,German Lit
Slnglish lang&lit, Maths sl,Eco
My choices for A-levels would be Maths,Chem,Bio and Economics. I've already done my german A-levels and I would do Spanish As next year to have a second language. I would still to CAS and the Extended Project (to show my writing skills).
:colone:
I'm thinking of going into medicine but I would still like to keep my options open for law and business related careers. What do you think? I've heard that the IB is underrated...is it worth the workload? Also do my subject choices allow me a wide range of career choices?

Thank u so much :smile: I appreciate your advice!
Original post by cherry00
Hello there,
I've done IB for a week now and I'm not sure if i made the decision of taking IB instead of A levels(i can still switch to a-levels during the week).
I'm doing HL: Chem ,Bio,German Lit
Slnglish lang&lit, Maths sl,Eco
My choices for A-levels would be Maths,Chem,Bio and Economics. I've already done my german A-levels and I would do Spanish As next year to have a second language. I would still to CAS and the Extended Project (to show my writing skills).
:colone:
I'm thinking of going into medicine but I would still like to keep my options open for law and business related careers. What do you think? I've heard that the IB is underrated...is it worth the workload? Also do my subject choices allow me a wide range of career choices?

Thank u so much :smile: I appreciate your advice!

The IB is better for people who want breadth in their studies, because you can study more subjects. Your choices would allow for a Medical career as you have HL Chemistry and Biology, and your Economics and German show that you're a versatile person. That being said, if you switched to A levels you would be able to focus more on just the subjects you enjoy, and your potential choices would be great for Medicine or Law.

It's completely your choice - but as you would take a lot of extras alongside A levels, which would be very challenging, the IB may be a better idea.
Reply 2
Original post by LeFailFish
The IB is better for people who want breadth in their studies, because you can study more subjects. Your choices would allow for a Medical career as you have HL Chemistry and Biology, and your Economics and German show that you're a versatile person. That being said, if you switched to A levels you would be able to focus more on just the subjects you enjoy, and your potential choices would be great for Medicine or Law.

It's completely your choice - but as you would take a lot of extras alongside A levels, which would be very challenging, the IB may be a better idea.

Thank you for ur opinion :smile: I thought that the IB would be more challenging...but I would have more free periods with A-levels and less subjects...thats why I thought that I would be less stressed with a levels :confused:
Reply 3
Does anyone else have any advice? :smile:
Reply 4
Really...no more advice -.-

Quick Reply

Latest