The Student Room Group

Why do girls feel the need to...

Why do so many girls feel the need to buy dozens of shoes at the least ? Most of which they only wear once. Ditto with clothes in general, many girls buy hundreds of garments, some that they actually never end up wearing.

Bonus question:
And then with all this clothes, they still 'need' to go clothes shopping every few weeks, why?

EDIT: doesn't bother me in anyway, nor am I a hater, just curious :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I can count on one hand the number of pairs of shoes I have. :erm:
Hey, I'm a girl and I don't do that, and I never will.
Make it specific; it's only 'some'
Reply 3
Materialism. Greed.

End of the day, we came into this world with nothing and we will leave with nothing.
Haha, stereotypical much? Not every girl does that!
I don't really get the shoes thing, but that's because I have stupid feet and no shoes really fit me so when I find a pair that do I wear them to death. I do buy a lot of clothes, I suppose it's just greed fundamentally, I always feel like "that outfit would be complete if I just had X". I never appreciate what I've got because there's always something else I don't have. I've always been this way, even when I was 8 and was obsessed with beanie babies.

I've tried to rein it in, because frankly I'm broke. I still manage to buy loads of clothes from charity shops though!
Original post by maid marian
i can count on one hand the number of pairs of shoes i have. :erm:

:eek: MUTANT!!!
I'm not one of those girls, and to be honest I don't even think it's a lot of girls because shoes these days cost a lot of money and not everyone has money to buy loads of shoes.

Also, why does this bother you so much? I get that it's silly to love materialistic things, but seriously, it doesn't hurt you...
It confuses me too... it's probably so they can layer clothes/have a wider range of possible outfits. And also, you can't really get away with a shirt with black shoes on special occasions, you're expected to try to wear a dress or nice top with matching flats or heels. That expands the wardrobe a lot.:rolleyes:

Original post by Maid Marian
I can count on one hand the number of pairs of shoes I have. :erm:

Same here - if I don't count old/unused/rarely used ones. :wink: 10 in total if I do count those.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by blue n white army
:eek: MUTANT!!!

OK.
Reply 10
Women are generally more impulsive with poorer self control. It's why advertisers focus most of their efforts on them.
what i do:

spend some time picking out suitable combinations of clothes
rotate between these combinations periodically
get new ones when they don't fit or get messed up
repeat

simple

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I think I have an excessive pair of shoes but i've got nothing on my girlfriend.

I have

-Work shoes
- Casual trainers
- 2x canvas shoes for nights out
-2x running shoes
- Flip flops for holiday
- A tatty pair of trainers

That brings me to 8 and i feel a little ashamed of how many i have.
because shoes are great

why do guys spend a ridiculous amount of money on computer games?

(generalisations ftw)
Reply 14
how many shoes is too many
I like my shoes thank you very much. :colonhash:

Also, generalisation... :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have two going out shoes.. one casual wear.. one uni.. one work.. and I'm a girl

I hate shopping. I'm a girl.

:hat2:
Ahh, just realised I have quite a few:
2x football boots
2x vans
Casual trainers
Flip flops
Football trainers

Still, 7 isn't too bad :smile:
I don't with shoes because I have deformed feet, my right foot is fused and doesn't bend properly and the left isn't really better

Clothes wise, all the clothes I buy I wear. I do have a lot of clothes but I enjoy wearing them, style is a hobby of mine.

I'm worse with makeup tbh but I'm a makeup artist so I have an excuse :biggrin:
Reply 19
Girls are materialistic and they like to get what they want. Probably why they like guys with lots of money too :smile:

Latest