?
Report 3 months ago
Hi
14ThayaparanT
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
God Bless truly, don't do anything anything too drastic, ask a professional first. I am sure you're a very pretty girl, and these things are completely normal and so please don't feel insecure. We are all made in the Image Of God and are all absolutely beautiful the way we are, God Bless truly. I truly pray you learn to embrace what you now think of as 'flaws'- because they truly are not
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have hispanic-like features, fairly pale skin when I'm not tanned, and dark brown hair... This means all the hair on my body is really obvious. I have a lot of dark hair on my back and my stomach for a girl, I even have a faint trail, and I have hairy arms which I shave regularly. As I shave my arms they aren't much of a problem. I shave my legs too but as I'm always too self concious to get them out, they're super white, and I get these little dark dots on my legs from the hairs even after I've shaved.

This really gets me down, I've had this since around the age of 12 (I'm 20 now) and I've never in my life worn a bikini or a back-bearing dress- I always cover up on special occasions. The most I've ever exposed is my arms to my shoulders, and when I wear anything that exposes my legs I wear tights. I never go swimming or get to enjoy beach holidays because I feel disgusting. I also have a really bad bikini line- I shave that too, but it remains dark and embarrassing.

I can't afford laser treatment. I've been thinking about waxing, there is a salon near my uni which does waxing for a good price, but I feel so embarrassed to be able to ask them about it- most places I have looked up list back waxing as "male waxing" and it just makes me feel even worse.

I don't want to shave my stomach because it'll grow back coarse. I'm thinking of waxing my stomach myself and/or bleaching the hairs.
But I don't know what to do about my back... I went to my GP about it a few years ago and she didn't help at all, she told me there's nothing the NHS can do about it, so I don't want to go back and ask again as it was already embarrassing enough.

There are so many nice dresses I'd love to wear but I feel embarrassed to. even normal strapless dresses that show shoulder blades- I can't wear them because of my dark hair.

Does anybody have advice? Freshers starts in 2 weeks and I want to be able to dress nicely for the events scheduled but I won't be able to without embarrassing myself...
Ishouldrevise123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I can relate to this soo much,I’ve struggled with body hair from a really young age,around 10/11 I remember having swimming lessons with my primary school and feeling so self conscious and people staring at me then making men’s comments.I practically have hair everywhere and I hate it so much.I usually epilate but it’s really painful and takes hours which is such a waste of my time.But I would definitely recommend waxing,although it’s expensive and painful and takes time,it will definitely last more that shaving does.I’m glad I’m not the only one,especially when I was younger I genuinely believed it was just me as all my friends were light skinned and they just left it and it was never such a huge problem like it was for me.
Ishouldrevise123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
*mean
(Original post by Ishouldrevise123)
I can relate to this soo much,I’ve struggled with body hair from a really young age,around 10/11 I remember having swimming lessons with my primary school and feeling so self conscious and people staring at me then making men’s comments.I practically have hair everywhere and I hate it so much.I usually epilate but it’s really painful and takes hours which is such a waste of my time.But I would definitely recommend waxing,although it’s expensive and painful and takes time,it will definitely last more that shaving does.I’m glad I’m not the only one,especially when I was younger I genuinely believed it was just me as all my friends were light skinned and they just left it and it was never such a huge problem like it was for me.
Hugh.Jazz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
i heard baking powder is can change hair colour
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (317)
15.3%
The paper was reasonable (1134)
54.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (454)
21.91%
It was TERRIBLE (167)
8.06%

Watched Threads