The Student Room Group

Re-applying, need help with ucas account!

Delete please
delete please

delete please
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mmms95
Basically, I've decided to take a gap year due to some personal health-related problems and re-apply to uni. I've got a uni firmed but I just recently made this decision and want to take a year out to study Further maths and get my full health back.

I wanted to ask:

1. How do I withdraw from my firmed choice? They've given me an e-mail to send to if I will not be attending this year, so do I just say that I won't be attending (and not give a reason)? Also after that what happens with my application? Is it automatically withdrawn or something? (Idk im just so confused!)

Call admissions and ask to be released

2. Also how will I set up one for this year, will I use the same ID or?

I think you need to start again

3. Can I pretty much use most of my previous personal statement?

Not sure on this one as the plagiarism software could throw up problems

4. I'm applying as a private candidate so will i have to ask one my teachers to mail the reference to me so I can add it or are they given some kind of login?

They have to attach it - there are guidelines for independent candidates on UCAS

5. I had some extenuating circumstances during my final A Level exams and had to even miss one of them. How will I inform the uni's of this? Do i have to tell my referee or can I just do it myself? (I hadn't told anyone at the time the specific reason for my illness and so telling him might me a little uncomfortable)

This is a tough one - if you did not inform school and the exam boards about these circumstances at the time then they will not be deemed relevant by universities (or at least that is my understanding)

6. (kind of unrelated, but will uni's know if I am reapplying?)

no

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending