KateC1246
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Is A2 way harder than AS sociology?

I did well in AS but one of my A2 teachers is just bombarding us with worksheets that are copied and pasted straight out of the textbook.

Is memorising the textbook going to get me anywhere? That’s what I did last year (plus a bit of essay technique) and that worked out fine but I’m worried it won’t work for A2.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kate
KateC1246
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm with AQA. Yeah as I said, I didn't find it too hard, I was just concerned in case A2 was a massive jump or anything.

Thanks, Kate
Keegan19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know I'm worried as well, what did you get at AS, I think it seems like a step up with memory
sophus18x
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi Kate.
Just memorising the textbook isn't going to be enough to get you the best possible grade at A2 sociology.
I achieved 360/400 so a very high A* at A level Sociology and did this by doing as many essays as possible (I did around 30), getting them marked by your teacher (annoy the hell out of them with essays), rewriting my notes out 2 or 3 times, getting my parents to test me and by doing past papers.

I also found that videos of the sociology course on Youtube were very helpful as they give you different perspectives (some that you may find easier to remember) and more contemporary examples (which the examiners will be impressed with).

Whilst the work load is a lot heavier in A2, the content itself doesn't get any harder so don't worry about that.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. It is better to be safe than sorry going into the exam.
Best of luck for the year Kate.
sophus18x
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just to add that I did religion and crime and deviance for a2 sociology so any questions from them two topics i can really help you with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (66)
12.13%
Virtual campus tours/open days (132)
24.26%
Live streaming events (47)
8.64%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.56%
A uni comparison tool (127)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (120)
22.06%