The Student Room Group

Potential girlfriend a slag?

Anon or delete pls.

Basically, I'm currently "seeing" a girl and have been for a month.
I'm trying to keep this short so....

-I've liked her for around 10 months
-She got with a good friend of mine 2 months ago when getting over her EX and regretted it
-Kissed me 3 weeks ago - when we first started speaking properly
-(turns out she liked me ever since) but not spoken in person/text until Glastonbury
-Went to Glastonbury and she kissed 3 people.
-We started speaking again, on the Saturday (at Glast) she told me she liked me
-I freaked and didn't respond to it
-She felt rejected and kissed another 2 next day on Sunday day
-She came over to my campsite to see a friend (sun night)
-We talked again and then got friendly
-She told me about 3/5 and tried to lie to me about two

Basically not sure what to do. Lovely girl besides this issue - which is the only issue. We only both knew/confessed feelings after she kissed the last 2. Think she lied to make herself seem less slutty. She basically discovered booze at Glastonbury and is really sad/embarrassed.

Should I give it a go. She's been great since but this is becoming a much gossiped about issue and I'm not sure because of history - I feel like I've gone off her a lot but its just because of this really :/

Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

You weren't seeing her at the time so it's not slaggy really. Can't expect her to not get with anyone whilst your not seeing her?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha what are you 12?! She has gone round kissing a few guys, that doesn't make her a slag.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Padster222
You weren't seeing her at the time so it's not slaggy really. Can't expect her to not get with anyone whilst your not seeing her?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Haha what are you 12?! She has gone round kissing a few guys, that doesn't make her a slag.

This. She has done nothing wrong. If you like her, go for it.
She hasn't cheated or done anything wrong, but it's a bit strange that she can't seem to stop kissing people. I would be put off if a guy I liked kissed five people in a matter of days.
Just nail her and move on..Its clearly what she likes..
Reply 6
She wasn't committed to you. However, it's understandable if you're feeling hurt. You should decide what matters to you more: the girl or the rumors about her that circulate?
Original post by vortex_199
She hasn't cheated or done anything wrong, but it's a bit strange that she can't seem to stop kissing people. I would be put off if a guy I liked kissed five people in a matter of days.

This.
Wouldn't want to date someone like that personally. She claims to have had feelings for you yet goes around kissing loads of people, I personally wouldn't be able to trust her if I decided to make something of it as it seems she's in a habit of/likes getting with lots of people. Plus, as you said, people will gossip.
Not that there's anything wrong with it, just personal preference!
Reply 8
Just ask Kanye west (if you can get his contact details):colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How does this make her a slag? You both weren't together at the point.
Are you kidding me ? Kissing can potentially lead to sex. If she's been kissing, whose to say she's not had sex.
Thanks for the replies.
Within the past few days we have talked a lot in person but I get the feeling the sense of accomplishment isn't there. I'm not saying girls can't do whatever they want but she did and I kind of feel like I should kind of do better and that everyone completed this game and going to get another one..... but I know I have "high" :s-smilie: expectations over this type of thing - I have always been very picky!

Original post by Padster222

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if I liked someone I wouldn't go "nuts" like that or am I being offhand? Honestly not sure :/

Original post by LavenderBlueSky88

You seem to have no problem with what happened which I guess in a sense is more worrying. As for being 12, its standards really, I don't want to get dragged about and used.

Original post by Sazzle4
This. She has done nothing wrong. If you like her, go for it.

Yes albeit nothing on the rule book but still - its putting me off and how would I move on from this knowing that I've been cheated on in the past - it isn't the best start ever. :frown:

Original post by vortex_199

Yes thats the thing, I liked her for a long time then a friend kissed her and I basically went to friendzone her and well yeah here we are. I had about a month of barely thinking about her.... honestly! So yeah, been cheated on in past and know this isn't a good start.

Original post by joker12345
This.
Wouldn't want to date someone like that personally. She claims to have had feelings for you yet goes around kissing loads of people, I personally wouldn't be able to trust her if I decided to make something of it as it seems she's in a habit of/likes getting with lots of people. Plus, as you said, people will gossip.
Not that there's anything wrong with it, just personal preference!

Well thats the thing - the trust isn't there but over time the rumors will fade. But I have the same feelings as you on the issue - I do have a problem but don't know if over time I will trust her or not....? Don't know if I'd regret it if I ended it.

Original post by Reluctant Economist
How does this make her a slag? You both weren't together at the point.

Ok so if a girl kisses 100 guys does it make her a slag - most would say yes. I just happen (unfortunately for me) to have some kind of moral bearing that says 5 is just too many in such a short space of time - which is causing me the issue. Its the moral/trust issue more.

Original post by Anonymous
Are you kidding me ? Kissing can potentially lead to sex. If she's been kissing, whose to say she's not had sex.

No thankfully not but thanks for the suggestion!

Ok so if a girl kisses 100 guys does it make her a slag
- most would say yes. I just happen (unfortunately for me) to have some kind of moral bearing that says 5 is just too many in such a short space of time - which is causing me the issue. Its the moral/trust issue more.

Seriously, you are under 17 at the oldest, right? It's kissing, you can kiss people for a laugh, it doesn't mean anything, these are some really skewed "morals" you've got here. I assume you haven't kissed many girls and are insecure about it? Because it really isn't a big deal. My girlfriend told me she once kissed seven guys in a night, didn't bother me one bit, I've kissed countless girls in nightclubs myself.

If you're willing to reject an attractive girl with a good personality because she's kissed a few guys, you have terrible priorities.
It doesn't count if it's at a festival! It was only kissing anyway. Just go with it.
Anon or delete pls.

Basically, I'm currently "seeing" a girl and have been for a month.
I'm trying to keep this short so....

-I've liked her for around 10 months
-She got with a good friend of mine 2 months ago when getting over her EX and regretted it
-Kissed me 3 weeks ago - when we first started speaking properly
-(turns out she liked me ever since) but not spoken in person/text until Glastonbury
-Went to Glastonbury and she kissed 3 people.
-We started speaking again, on the Saturday (at Glast) she told me she liked me
-I freaked and didn't respond to it
-She felt rejected and kissed another 2 next day on Sunday day
-She came over to my campsite to see a friend (sun night)
-We talked again and then got friendly
-She told me about 3/5 and tried to lie to me about two

Basically not sure what to do. Lovely girl besides this issue - which is the only issue. We only both knew/confessed feelings after she kissed the last 2. Think she lied to make herself seem less slutty. She basically discovered booze at Glastonbury and is really sad/embarrassed.

Should I give it a go. She's been great since but this is becoming a much gossiped about issue and I'm not sure because of history - I feel like I've gone off her a lot but its just because of this really :/

Thoughts?

Well she likes kissing people lol. She was single anyway so not really a big deal.
A slag because she kissed 5 guys? Really?! Its not like she ****ed all of them.
Reply 16
I probably wouldn't do it tbh. Too many bad experiences with women with that sort of... "tendency".

I await the tsunami of "you're an *******" comments.
(edited 9 years ago)
IN ADDITION, I must mention that when drunk she is exceedingly flirty - with everyone even when she was with me before we kissed that first time! She was literally sat on my lap flirting with nearby guys (while drunk).

Original post by Mankytoes
Seriously, you are under 17 at the oldest, right? It's kissing, you can kiss people for a laugh, it doesn't mean anything, these are some really skewed "morals" you've got here. I assume you haven't kissed many girls and are insecure about it? Because it really isn't a big deal. My girlfriend told me she once kissed seven guys in a night, didn't bother me one bit, I've kissed countless girls in nightclubs myself.

If you're willing to reject an attractive girl with a good personality because she's kissed a few guys, you have terrible priorities.

I'm just old fashioned when it comes down to these types of things - I'm very picky (unfortunately for me). And this is relatively unknown ground - I'm a quiet guy who is kind of discovering the whole party scene (a few years late). - Maybe you're right!

Original post by ChickenMadness
Well she likes kissing people lol. She was single anyway so not really a big deal.

True but wouldn't it nag you a bit that maybe she'd try it again when she was with me?
IN ADDITION, I must mention that when drunk she is exceedingly flirty - with everyone even when she was with me before we kissed that first time! She was literally sat on my lap flirting with nearby guys (while drunk).

I'm just old fashioned when it comes down to these types of things - I'm very picky (unfortunately for me). And this is relatively unknown ground - I'm a quiet guy who is kind of discovering the whole party scene (a few years late). - Maybe you're right!

True but wouldn't it nag you a bit that maybe she'd try it again when she was with me?

ye it would lol. Ideally I want a girl that doesn't go around kissing everyone but is all flirty and kinky with me only. I'm also very picky.
Reply 19

Talking can lead to sex..
Has she been talking to anyone? I certainly hope not!

No really, that was a ludicrous thing to say, sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending