Scroll to see replies

Laptop
Desktop
PS3 (won't be using it often though)

iPhone
iPod nano

Digital camera
Original post by K.eeles
I am a bit of a tech geek, so I will be taking my beast of a PC, laptop, Acer Chromebook, Galaxy Note III phone, a samsung 32" smart TV, 2 27" PC monitors and some other stuff I guess :smile: maybe I should pack some food!

How beastly? Mine sits in a CM storm trooper, turns a few heads when I drag it out of the car :lol:
Reply 62
Original post by DiddyDec
Length. Most desks aren't very long unless you are lucky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah OK, well, fingers crossed.
Reply 63
Original post by Architecture-er
How beastly? Mine sits in a CM storm trooper, turns a few heads when I drag it out of the car :lol:

OOH a CM, very nice. I have the COSMOS II, also turns a few heads, and drops a few jaws! xD I hope I am on the ground floor, moving it is a serious challenge.
Laptop, Xbox 360, iPhone, my stereo, telly, canon camera, printer, DS and a kettle:cool:
I'll be taking my rMBP 13", 24" TV, iPad, iPhone 6 (getting it next friday :biggrin:), and my PS4 mainly for Destiny and FIFA.
Computer Science student here, staying in halls

-Macbook Pro 15" Retina with i7, 8GB of RAM
-iPhone 5c 32GB
-Raspberry Pi
-ASUS 23" 1080p monitor (in portrait mode for coding)
-iPod speaker alarm clock type thing
-Wacom tablet
-Razer Deathadder mouse, Dell keyboard, a German make of mouse mat

Hoping to bring my PC later down the line if I have room :wink:
Reply 67
Phone and Laptop :smile:
TV, Laptop, Printer, iPhone 5C, iPad
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 69
What size TV would be good for your average uni room? I'm stuck between 22", 28" and 32", not sure the 32" will fit though :/
Reply 70
Original post by nigelam
What size TV would be good for your average uni room? I'm stuck between 22", 28" and 32", not sure the 32" will fit though :/

27 would be perfect for most unis
Wow, seems everyone is taking their ps3/Xbox! I don't think I'm allowed...so it's my iphone 5 and my half working PSP. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Laptop, Android Tablet and iPhone 5S :smile:
Uhh desktop
Phone
Does an electric shaver count?
Speakers

Pretty much it, no point in taking a TV and my ps3 is broken
Not a lot (I travel light) but I'll be taking my laptop, DS and PS Vita. I'm also taking my Sony E-Reader which I absolutely can't live without :smile:
Laptop, phone and calculator

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Phone, tablet, ps3 (for netflix), Wii, computer, monitors, laptop, my TV, my second TV (for living room), my ds, my PSP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by F_shakeey
I thought I'd make a thread to see what gadgets and electronics everyone is taking/ has taken with them to univeristy.

I'll just be taking my phone and laptop but I know of many who take consoles and tvs, couldn't be doing with that much procrastination! :tongue:

I took MY lap top and a phone (this was before Smart phones mind you) I possibly would have taken my Wii but I had a very full social life so didn't need it also someone else had one. oh yeah and my i pod
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by F_shakeey
Each to their own I guess, for me the screen isn't big enough to buy it as like I said I don't see much difference between the sizes of the S4 and nexus 7. I'd use my tablet for more viewing on trains or in the car thus a larger screen is better. For the price you can never beat a Nexus but at the same time a tablet isn't like a phone where if not replaced within 2 years you can see considerable differences in the ability of the old and new phone.

To be fair that's a very budget style phone, most 3rd party android phones are very poor in the sub £100 category. If you have some spare cash have a look at the Moto E or G if you already haven't. Seen the Moto G at £99 a fair few times.

I have a moto G now it's such a good phone it's unreal but no SD slot oh well
Acer Aspire laptop and my Nokia Lumia 930. That's it. I don't have money to burn so I don't have anything else aside from my laptop and phone.

I might buy a tablet if I get a job while I'm down there, but I'm not sure if I really "need" one or not.

Quick Reply

Latest