The Student Room Group

A Level Dilemma...

So I picked Biology, Chemistry, History and German for AS with a view of going to university and doing Law - or at least a degree in History if I wasn't accepted.

However since starting, German has proven to be a bit of a pain. I'm not enjoying it as I did at GCSE (partly due to the teacher, partly due to the frankly obscure topics and question paper formats).

I'm going to change German for another subject. From my school's columns I can do Classical Civilisation (new start), English Literature (I got an A* at GCSE but it was never one of my favourites), Government and Politics (new start) or Physics (A* at GCSE but I would never, ever do it for A Level).

Politics is the only one that interests me from this list but the teacher was also my GCSE History teacher and we don't get on that well. In fact, on results day I said to someone I wasn't picking politics because she teaches it, unaware she was standing a few feet away from me.

Now I'm confused as to which subject to take on... CCEA's English Literature specification seems pretty terrible (plus I'm already doing 3 demanding subjects), Classical Civilisation seems a bit bizarre and Politics... well, yeah. Do I swallow my pride and do Politics or go for a subject that I don't enjoy as much?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
politics is really good if you have an interest in it
it's also pretty easy to get a good grade in too
Quite the dilemma ay.

Swallow your pride :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest