The Student Room Group

Stupid Medify Answer?

Yeah I don't get why I am wrong...

the question statement was:

"Essentially, the Monitor has transitioned from a daily to a weekly print publication."

This is what medify said:

I answered: "false" the correct answer is "true"

The passage says that it WILL transition from a daily to a weekly print. NOT that it HAS TRANSITIONED.

Future = past tense?

Is medify wrong? What should I answer if I get this in the exam?
Original post by solarplexus
Yeah I don't get why I am wrong...

the question statement was:

"Essentially, the Monitor has transitioned from a daily to a weekly print publication."

This is what medify said:

I answered: "false" the correct answer is "true"

The passage says that it WILL transition from a daily to a weekly print. NOT that it HAS TRANSITIONED.

Future = past tense?

Is medify wrong? What should I answer if I get this in the exam?

It happened in 2009?
You won't get this question in an exam
Original post by russellwallace
It happened in 2009?
You won't get this question in an exam

However, it is clear from the question that 2009 is in the future (look at the tenses) - so the transition has not happened yet.
You could get a similar question whereby an article is dated 2008 and you have to spot this, and therefore say 2009 is in the future (relative to the article you are looking at).
Original post by Lionheartat20
However, it is clear from the question that 2009 is in the future (look at the tenses) - so the transition has not happened yet.
You could get a similar question whereby an article is dated 2008 and you have to spot this, and therefore say 2009 is in the future (relative to the article you are looking at).

so am i correct or not?
Surely daily means 7 days a week not 5 days a week so its not even a daily magazine to start off with?or am I missing something?
Original post by solarplexus
so am i correct or not?

I would have thought so :smile:
Original post by Dalek1099
Surely daily means 7 days a week not 5 days a week so its not even a daily magazine to start off with?or am I missing something?

Daily can mean week days

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending