happysmile
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, has anyone read Biological Sciences Review, Chemistry Review and/or Physics Review? Our school has suggested we order them - each subscription consists of four magazines throughout the year, and the cost of subscriptions is 12.75 each - for 'background reading'.
So I'm wondering if anyone else has ordered or read these magazines before, and whether you think they're really worth it and actually helpful if I'm studying all three sciences, and how does it help/prepare you?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
cucaracha
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got the Chemistry & Biology Review in my AS year through school and to be honest, I hardly read them at all :P it just wasn't necessary to get the grades and i prioritized more important reading

But if you're planning to do the subject at uni, the magazines will obviously give you a LOT of extra background knowledge if you do actually read all the articles as they're mainly written by undergrads, PhD students etc and give you info on recent research being done. If you're genuinely interested in the subject way beyond the syllabus and would enjoy learning about random topics and facts often unrelated/very advanced to what will be on the exam, then go for it.
happysmile
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
:bump:

(can anyone else offer suggestions, thanks!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads