A-level Statistics

Watch this thread
Huda_medo
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Anyone currently or previously studying A-level Statistics?
How are you finding it and what are your revision methods?
username1155480
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
A-level including AS?

I did AS stats and it was pretty easy if you remember the formulas.
Huda_medo
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Jaska)
A-level including AS?

I did AS stats and it was pretty easy if you remember the formulas.
What grade did you get and what were your methods of revision?
username1155480
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Huda_medo)
A for maths, 91 ums for S1. Lots of past papers and get your head around permutation and combinations early.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username987675
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
S1 is a horrible topic. Easy to do well on (not too hard to understand) but loads of little bits that you need to remember. I'll be honest, S1 was on the same day as FP1 so little revision went into S1 (apart from the past papers I had to do that college set), was more bothered with FP1 :P As long as you do loads of practice and do all the stupid little things they ask for then you'll be fine At that point the only mistakes you can make are silly ones (in my S1 exam I didn't read a table properly so did things in 1,000's when actually the table was in millions or something so it was 1000's of millions...)

Doing S2 this year and so far it's a lot better (supposed to be easier to get a decent grade on too).
yilmaz33
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Huda_medo)
I got a C in stats when i revised it all in 1 day. I'm resitting it with A2 maths so i could probably get an A this time.

The best method of revision is going on examsolutions.com and learning the syllabus. Once you learn how to answer questions, past papers are king. You can never do too many past papers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
24.24%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (10)
30.3%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
6.06%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
9.09%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
18.18%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
6.06%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads