The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Homeless - should I defer?

Really can't cope with the situation at Reading? I might have a hotel room for two weeks then be homeless. I might be in a shared room for a short period of time and then be homeless. I really don't want to do a house share straight away in first year.

If I get nothing from the university in two weeks do you know if I can defer?
maybe you should go back to you butcher's shop in Warmington on Sea

accomodation is a nightmare at the majority of Unis as the system never quite works right with regard to no shows , i suspect adjustment has made it even worse than it was i nthe old days .
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks. Choosing Reading is going to be my biggest regret
Reply 3
Clearly zippy will not have received the email.

does anyone know if after two weeks in hotel/shared room we can say that it is not working and defer a year?
Hey,

Sorry for jumping in here.

Just wanted to let you know about a new option for students at Reading. Central Studios is brand new for this September and is right in the centre of Reading (next to Sainsburys on Friar Street). Every studio is en suite with small double bed, kitchen area, loads of work space and storage space. There's also a roof terrace and social space to meet up with friends and your new neighbours!

We are surrounded by shops, restaurants, cafes, clubs and bars so you are right in the heart of the social stuff!

All bills are included in the weekly rent, with free WiFi and contents insurance too. If you give our Accommodation Manager Daiga a call on 07795 197272 or 0118 4021 233 she can give you much more info and book you in for a viewing! Or take a look at our website for more details - www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/reading

Many thanks
Katie @ Fresh
Reply 5
Thanks for the response but that is a lot more expensive compared to halls. Not sure I can afford that. I will email admissions about deferral.

Quick Reply

Latest