mt90
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello,
I have finished my first year at a university and decided I would like to study different subject. To be able to get a place I have to do an Access course (I have done different Access course before, which I didn't have to pay for), which will cost me about £3000, as I am 24. My question is if I get the 24+ Loan will it be considered as one of my four eligible years SFE can fund? In this case I would have to pay in advance either the tuition fee for the Access course or my last year at a university. Finance department staff at my college claims that level 3 courses, like Access, have different funding and I will still be able to get a loan for another three years at a university, even though I would have already applied for two years finance. On the other hand the gov.uk website says that the 24+ Loan will be written off only after I complete a higher education course, which means I would exceed the limit of four years funding. Could you please make it clear to me as I wouldn't want to end up with paying £9000 up front for my final year at a university.
Thank you,
mt90
mt90
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
up
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello. 24 plus loans do not affect your Sfe application the reason is we do not fund courses of that level. To see if course is funded by 24+ you should call them 0300 100 0619. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.38%
Excited but a bit nervous (129)
45.1%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.59%
I'm really nervous (57)
19.93%

Watched Threads