Awais117
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I was wondering what exams I should resit and if it's possible for me to get AAA-ABB I was very disappointed and I know I can do way better Here are my grades DDEE Maths, Chem, Bio and physics respectively I'm going to drop physics also what exams do you think I should resit and is AAA-ABB possible to achieve.

Maths

C1-B
C2-U
S1-B

Bio

F211-U
F212-E
C/W-100%

Chem

Chem 1-E
Chem 2-E
C/W-100%

I was thinking to resit C2, F211, F212, Chem 1 and Chem 2 so I will have 12 exams in June I had 9 exams this year. Do you think I should resit those and could I achieve AAA-ABB any advice is appreciated also I can't resit the year due to the courses I want to do need a-levels to be done in 2 years
TheNoobishKnight
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Awais117)
I was wondering what exams I should resit and if it's possible for me to get AAA-ABB I was very disappointed and I know I can do way better Here are my grades DDEE Maths, Chem, Bio and physics respectively I'm going to drop physics also what exams do you think I should resit and is AAA-ABB possible to achieve.

Maths

C1-B
C2-U
S1-B

Bio

F211-U
F212-E
C/W-100%

Chem

Chem 1-E
Chem 2-E
C/W-100%

I was thinking to resit C2, F211, F212, Chem 1 and Chem 2 so I will have 12 exams in June I had 9 exams this year. Do you think I should resit those and could I achieve AAA-ABB any advice is appreciated also I can't resit the year due to the courses I want to do need a-levels to be done in 2 years
I don't know about the rest but I'd do Chem and Bio both modules. No course work as you aced them. Good luck, hard year ahead for all of us!
lucymellor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you feel you can cope with it then I'd resit the ones you suggested. However you have to consider if you would be able to improve your grades so drastically with 12 exams to deal with, considering you didn't do too well (I'm so sorry I don't mean to offend you by that) with only 9 exams this year.
Awais117
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheNoobishKnight)
I don't know about the rest but I'd do Chem and Bio both modules. No course work as you aced them. Good luck, hard year ahead for all of us!
Thanks for the advice
14D ROAD
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Maths

C1-B
C2-U
S1-B

Bio

F211-U
F212-E
C/W-100%

Chem

Chem 1-E
Chem 2-E
C/W-100%

Hi,

What course do you want to do at Uni. What's their requirement?

Why couldn't you just have done 3 AS and concentrated on them to a decent grade standard.

You probably won't achieve AAA. At the bottom line. Your school will most probably predict you CCC.

A D at AS is a pass, you've failed both Bio and Phy. Most colleges won't let you take it on. Technically you shouldn't do all 4 of them as the subject you got a D, you just managed to pass.
TheNoobishKnight
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks for the advice
Your welcome, sorry I can't help with physics and maths as I don't do these.
Awais117
Rep:
?
(Original post by lucymellor)
If you feel you can cope with it then I'd resit the ones you suggested. However you have to consider if you would be able to improve your grades so drastically with 12 exams to deal with, considering you didn't do too well (I'm so sorry I don't mean to offend you by that) with only 9 exams this year.
Yeah I know what u mean I had 9 last year but I can definitely Increase those grades I think I should be fine I'm gonna try to learn everything before x-mas then just do past papers.
lucymellor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 14D ROAD)

A D at AS is a pass, you've failed both Bio and Phy. Most colleges won't let you take it one. Technically you shouldn't do all 4 of them :/.
An E at AS is a pass, or at least it is at my Sixth Form
14D ROAD
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You need a D to take it on to A2, well at most school. A DDEE student WILL struggle to get CCC at A2 with all the retakes etc
Awais117
Rep:
?
Hi,

What course do you want to do at Uni. What's their requirement?

Why couldn't you just have done 3 AS and concentrated on them to a decent grade standard.

You probably won't achieve AAA. At the bottom line. Your school will most probably predict you CCC.

A D at AS is a pass, you've failed both Bio and Phy. Most colleges won't let you take it on. Technically you shouldn't do all 4 of them as the subject you got a D, you just managed to pass.
I said I was dropping physics and I wasn't talking about predictions I was talking about final grades and an E is a pass I'm going onto next year doing chem, bio and maths DDE.
Awais117
Rep:
?
You need a D to take it on to A2, well at most school. A DDEE student WILL struggle to get CCC at A2 with all the retakes etc
I know I can do much better I was predicted AABD at As cus that's what I got in my mocks.
Awais117
Rep:
?
Same but it's obviously not a good one I'm lucky to have gotten onto next year it was my fault I revised the night before everything because I was soo lazy but I'm gonna start working hard from when I start school till the exams.
user1150
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
CW 100%? you damn cheater lol
Awais117
Rep:
?
Haha lol I thought they were easy but I did badly in the exams. Physics coursework was much harder I got 82% in that.
blackened_sky
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you considered doing A2 Maths (resitting C2, little revision would be required as C2 would become second nature to you after C3 and C4, I did this and got 91% in my resit this year), and then retaking AS Chem and Bio, and going on to do A2 in them after that? This would mean you'd be doing 3 years of A levels but if you really want to achieve those grades and aren't applying for Medicine, it's something to consider, especially as you'd have a lot less exams to worry about in one go
Awais117
Rep:
?
(Original post by blackened_sky)
Have you considered doing A2 Maths (resitting C2, little revision would be required as C2 would become second nature to you after C3 and C4, I did this and got 91% in my resit this year), and then retaking AS Chem and Bio, and going on to do A2 in them after that? This would mean you'd be doing 3 years of A levels but if you really want to achieve those grades and aren't applying for Medicine, it's something to consider, especially as you'd have a lot less exams to worry about in one go
That's really good advice thanks but I think I can handle the extra exams here is my timetable if I resit 5 it's not awful like last years.
1. c2 Wed 20 May
2. F211 Thu 21 May
3. Chem unit 1 Fri 22 May
4. F212 Mon 1 June
5. Chem unit 2 Tue 2 June
6. c3 Wed 3 June
7. M1 Fri 5 June
8. F214 Mon 8 June
9. Chem unit 3 Wed 10 June
10. c4 Fri 12 June
11. Chem unit 4 Mon 15 June
12. F215 Wed 17 June
nmjasdk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i do recommend planning for B/C grade courses.

but youre literally doing 3A2's + 2AS + a maths module, and those 2 B's might pulldown the overall ums, maybe consider redoing the entire year? you dont want to retake and mess up A2 aswell thats a lot of exams...
blackened_sky
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you truly think you can handle it and you'll put all the required effort in then go for it, but I'll share what happened to me, and you can see what you think

At AS I went to pretty much all of my lessons, but I could have definitely revised harder, nonetheless I came out with CCC in History, Psychology and Maths

At A2 I decided I'd pick up Further Maths because I know I could have achieved higher in Core, bad idea, there was too much Physics for me so I was dreadful at it from the start, it dented my confidence in the entire year and I ended up having really poor attendance, in the 60-70% area across all subjects
Then I had 13 exams to deal with, my timetable for those is below
Spoiler:
Show
C1 – 19th May AM
PSYA2 – 20th May PM
C2 – 22nd May AM
Russia AS – 22nd May PM
Germany A2 – 2nd June AM
PSYA3 – 3rd June PM
M1 – 6th June PM
FP1 – 10th June AM
PSYA4 – 11th June AM
D1 – 12th June PM
C3 – 16th June AM
C4 – 18th June PM
S2 – 24th June AM

My A2 results were awful, I got Us in every single A2 module for Maths, I got an E and U in my Psychology modules, and an E in my A2 History module, I did get a B in my History coursework though
Overall I came out of A2 with DDE in History, Maths and Psychology respectively

I'm starting college again tomorrow, retaking Psychology and Maths at A2 so I'll only have 5 exams and I'm already much more confident in my abilities to succeed this year

So my advice would be don't take on too much hardwork, it can dent your confidence, which will dent your desire to revise, work hard etc. which will obviously impact the outcome of your grades. I know we all want to go to university as soon as possible and end the agonising torture of A levels, but it will only be more agonising if you go through this year with too much pressure on you and don't end up with the grades you want anyway. I hope this helps
Awais117
Rep:
?
Wow that's harsh but I think I will talk to my subject teachers first. I think I will probably end up resitting five and I also dropped physics I think if I work hard from start to finish I will do well.... Also how much did you revise for those exam I did bad because I though I could revise for my AS exams the night before but I was wrong so I am planning to learn everything before Christmas and do past papers and if I think it's too much I will cancel some resits.
blackened_sky
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wow that's harsh but I think I will talk to my subject teachers first. I think I will probably end up resitting five and I also dropped physics I think if I work hard from start to finish I will do well.... Also how much did you revise for those exam I did bad because I though I could revise for my AS exams the night before but I was wrong so I am planning to learn everything before Christmas and do past papers and if I think it's too much I will cancel some resits.
I left my revision up until a week or 2 before exams started, and then I did revision chronologically depending on which module was coming up next, e.g. I'd revise PSYA3 then after that exam had gone I'd revise PSYA4 up until that exam in a few days. It was a disaster, I was incredibly lazy and I'm a complete muppet for it

If you revise consistently throughout the year then you can probably do well with relative ease, but 12 exams is a lot of stress
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (61)
18.15%
No one else does (107)
31.85%
I'm embarrassed about my background (35)
10.42%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (112)
33.33%
We don't use a video platform (6)
1.79%
I don't have a camera (8)
2.38%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
2.08%

Watched Threads