adnan111
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Lets just get to the point...... ive had extremely bad luck at A level due to external factors.. let me show u my grades

1ST YEAR (AS)

BIO C
CHEM D
MATHS E
PHYSICS U

During my AS i was struggling with depression even though not diagnosed with it i no what depression is lol. i was worn out from IGCSE's due to studying literally all day and barely getting 5 hours sleep in and this went on for 2 years.

2ND YEAR (A2) (full grades)

BIO E
CHEM E
MATHS (AS) D

Things only GOT WORSE ... I WAS DROPPED FROM A2 MATHS TO AS... DIAGNOSED WITH TB ... TOOK MEDICATION WHICH COMPLETELY TURNED MY WORLD UPSIDE DOWN... COULDNT CONCENTRATE ... HEADACHES .. FAINTING..... I BARELY CAME TO COLLEGE but family wanted me to do the exams but i was not in a mentally stable place to do so so i flopped hard

3RD YEAR (AS)

BIO B (6 UMS OF A)
CHEM D
MATHS D
PHYSICS U

THINGS GOT REALLY BAD HERE DUE TO FALSELY BEING ACCUSED OF SECTION 20 ASSAULT GBH.... COURT CASE FROM JAN-AUGUST ... STARTED ANTI DEPRESSANTS AGAIN..SLEEPING PILLS... I GAVE UP HOPE... I DIDNT CARE THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO PRISON FOR A GUD 10 YEARS SINCE ERRYTHING WAS AGAINST ME

4TH YEAR

THIS YEAR IM GOING TO JUST GO FOR IT. BEING HONEST IT WITH MYSELF IM PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF ACHIEVING AAB/ABB.

the thing is my course needs BBB so getting grades this year is naat a problem. i have plenty of work experince inside the NHS but 4 years doing a levels is not going to look good even with these factors. what do you guys think?
Georgiecat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think as long as you can get your referee to write about these factors, you should be okay. Which course is it, out of interest?
adnan111
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Radiography
Georgiecat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by adnan111)
Radiography
Ohh nice I think given that you had valid extenuating circumstances, you should be okay.
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Taking 4 years to complete your A-levels is unusual and multiple retakes in the same subject could cast doubt on your ability to cope with the course. However, you do have reasons why things went wrong. The best thing to do would be to organise a meeting with your referee and explain all the circumstances fully- they can then write the best reference possible to explain your unusual circumstances to universities.

It may also be worth emailing some of the universities you're interested in before you send your application off, and asking if they will consider you given the circumstances. This way if one or two of them give you and outright "no" you won't waste places on the UCAS form, and you can look for alternatives.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If just taking A levels causes you this much stress then University is not for you at the moment. You do not have to go to Uni now. Get a job, do an apprenticeship, go travelling - and get some help with the anxiety etc that doesn't depend on just pills.

Then look at University. It isn't going anywhere and will still be there for when you are up to it. Believe me, Uni/away from home is not a good place for anyone with obvious, and unresolved, mental health issues.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads