The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
did you come in that Welsh minivan/bus that was in the car park?

i know what you mean about Little Aspley hall, it looks so clean and nice!!
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm staying in Little Aspley, glad to hear it looks good!
Reply 3
yeah my dad hired it to take me and my brother .
Im on my own in here you know Pete
im bored ****eless.
is there anyone in your flat?
Reply 4
why dont you guys just hook up and something! stop been so shy man!
Reply 5
it seems that everyones moving in to the flats around me jay
but no ones moved into mine yet which is why im a little bored.
My rooms all set up nicely and firth point is in an awesome location
I 'll be having words with the landlord if no one moves in to my flat and im left alone. :p:
Reply 6
cmon man! there must be some pretty girls moving in around you! and im sure theyll need some help with there bags and stuff so..........

seize the opportunity :p:
Reply 7
lol i hope so theres none as yet
i'll bide my time:biggrin:
Reply 8
lol u sound like a right stalker! just dont let them catch you lol

well if your bored, i tell you what you can do.........

go into the uni and go into the digs office. dont say nout, but on a piece of paper write down this websites address and where to find the huddersfield forum, bang it on the desk and walk out!

that would be a great way for them lovely people at digs to answer our questions lol! :biggrin:
Reply 9
haha class x
Reply 10
to be fair im glad i chose here to be honest the staff were really friendly when i checked in the other day. the rooms a decent size with lots of storage space and its got a huge lounge and nice kitchen and en suite
for just 60 quid a week
Reply 11
and im paying 85 for the same thing! actually no cos i get gym membership and broadband!
Reply 12
thats quite good
ive had to pay 192 quid on top of my rent for broadband which to put it nicely
sucks balls:biggrin:
but i think im allowed to use the leisure room at snow island
which is just at thew back of here
Reply 13
sorry for not replying sooner, had a bit of a tummy upset last night, must have been something i ate :rolleyes:

yeah, i'm on my own too, suppose it's better though as you can get used to all the kitchen stuff before other's arrive

that broadband is a bit stupid isn't it? they could've told us that we'd have to pay it upfront, i had to use some of my overdraft to pay for it :mad: but i admit that i thought the 256Mbps would be really slow, but it's not that bad at all

you're allowed to use the stuff at snow island, whatever there is in there
Reply 14
its actually quite a nice flat to be fair my room could fit at least 4 mates on the floor if i ever decided to bring them down for a night out.
im just sitting around though i could do with going to the gym like i did at home or i'll start putting on weight again lol
im sure theres one in snow island i
i need to ask you where are the post boxes for this place?
and the laundrette?
cheers
Reply 15
yeah, the room is great, my sister is really jealous as her 2 last rooms at uni were about half the size of these, lol

i need a gym too, i found one at the aspley hall place, called Momentum, but i think only the people staying there can use it :frown:

the post boxes are opposite the reception desk, i don't know how you get into them, i'm thinking either by the keys that you use to get into you flat/room, or you have to ask for a separate one from reception.

i don't know where the laundrette is, but yesterday i noticed that on the notice board next to reception, there was a sign saying LAUNDRY < with the arrow, and it was pointing to a little corridor going down the side of reception, so i'm guessing it's there.
Reply 16
theres a leisure room in snow island i might go and have a look after
i got my key for the post box here with me.
i dotn know exactly where though in snow island coz it look a big place
Reply 17
where did you get the key for the postbox from?
Reply 18
she gave me one big key to get in, a small key for the box and the card
for the door. i didnt get a welcome pack though which is why im asking about stuff:wink:
Reply 19
well that's stupid, i didn't get a key for the postbox, although, there were some letters and stuff on the kitchen table when i got in, so i think someone else might have the key! guess i'll have to ask at reception

Latest

Trending

Trending