The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

University of West England Applicants 2015

Hey guys :smile:
Thought I'd make a thread to find anyone who is applying for the University of West England for September 2015 entry. So, to get it started, thought it would be best to leave a list of questions:

What course are you applying for?
What course are you currently doing? i.e. A Levels, BTEC?
Why the University of West England?
Have you been for an open day or a visit?

Thought we could use this thread to keep up to date on applications and just general news about the University of West England! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello,
I'm applying here to study law and criminology, I'm currently on a full time Access course studying sociology psychology and history. I'm choosing uwe as it's close to home so I do not have to worry about accommodation and also I love Bristol. I have been to an open day I really enjoyed it.
What about you?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi,
I'm applying at UWE to study Paramedic Science. I am doing an access to medical science course and I have also done A-levels. I am applying to UWE because it is the closest university to where I live :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by lmb99
Hi,
I'm applying at UWE to study Paramedic Science. I am doing an access to medical science course and I have also done A-levels. I am applying to UWE because it is the closest university to where I live :smile:

Original post by Milosox
Hello,
I'm applying here to study law and criminology, I'm currently on a full time Access course studying sociology psychology and history. I'm choosing uwe as it's close to home so I do not have to worry about accommodation and also I love Bristol. I have been to an open day I really enjoyed it.
What about you?

How's the applications coming along? :smile: I'm applying to study Occupational Therapy at the University of West England. I am currently on my gap year after completing my A Levels in Psychology, Biology and Health and Social Care. I'm choosing UWE for a wide number of reasons actually, when I went on a summer school programme this summer, the university seemed to be everything I was looking for in a university with its beautiful health campus and such a welcoming atmosphere, also, the staff there were so nice and friendly. Additionally, Bristol is a beautiful city and for me its far enough away from home that I can discover a new city and be more independent however, its not so far away that if there's a problem of some sort I can go home to talk it out with my parents. Plus there's the advantage of having only one train from home to there (around 1hr and a half) but all the same no change overs! Which I find are very confusing :P As previously stated, I have not been to an open day at UWE but this summer I spent a whole week on their university summer school which I adored!
Original post by LouieSax
How's the applications coming along? :smile: I'm applying to study Occupational Therapy at the University of West England. I am currently on my gap year after completing my A Levels in Psychology, Biology and Health and Social Care. I'm choosing UWE for a wide number of reasons actually, when I went on a summer school programme this summer, the university seemed to be everything I was looking for in a university with its beautiful health campus and such a welcoming atmosphere, also, the staff there were so nice and friendly. Additionally, Bristol is a beautiful city and for me its far enough away from home that I can discover a new city and be more independent however, its not so far away that if there's a problem of some sort I can go home to talk it out with my parents. Plus there's the advantage of having only one train from home to there (around 1hr and a half) but all the same no change overs! Which I find are very confusing :P As previously stated, I have not been to an open day at UWE but this summer I spent a whole week on their university summer school which I adored!

I love to hear that It's a beautiful city, I've been to Salisbury and London but that's it! (I'm from the U.S.) I'm not sure exactly what I want to go into yet, definitely something in the Arts field or History, though. In terms of applying, what's the most difficult part? I'll be a junior this next year wherever I go so applying to a new school is so weird to me! Will it help me that I've been making Dean's List with straight A's?

Preferences

§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

ALso
Preferences

§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

Also I have NO idea what all this crap is ^^ but it won't go away!
I've just start Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation @ the UWE Glenside campus and staying on site, its a wonderful place to live and study, would recommend the place to anyone wanting to do an Allied Health Profession.
Hey People
Im wanting to Study Forensic Science maybe with a Foundation year due to only having taken two a levels. Currently studying Fast Track Geology and A2 Applied Science and General Studies. I want to got to UWE as I've herd it is a brilliant place and its not too far from my home. Finally I'm going to the open day in two weeks time!!!
Sooo exited!!!!
Thought I'd make a thread to find anyone who is applying for the University of West England for September 2015 entry. So, to get it started, thought it would be best to leave a list of questions:

What course are you applying for?
What course are you currently doing? i.e. A Levels, BTEC?
Why the University of West England?
Have you been for an open day or a visit?

Thought we could use this thread to keep up to date on applications and just general news about the University of West England! :smile:

Hey, I am applying for Law. I am currently studying English Language, Law and Business Studies. I have chosen University of West England because I have heard that it is a great place. Although I hope that because I will be 20 when I start that I will be able to make friends and that I won't be the only 20 year old in my class. I haven't been for an open day yet.
Reply 8
Original post by Justanotherday
Hey, I am applying for Law. I am currently studying English Language, Law and Business Studies. I have chosen University of West England because I have heard that it is a great place. Although I hope that because I will be 20 when I start that I will be able to make friends and that I won't be the only 20 year old in my class. I haven't been for an open day yet.

Hey! I wouldn't worry about being 20, there are going to be plenty of people who are around your age and even if they're not, people will mingle with everyone! I mean when my sister went to university at Cardiff she said most of the freshers she met were older than her! So don't worry about that :smile: I mean I'll be nearly 20 when I start actually (19 in November) so you won't be the only one :smile:
Reply 9
Hey! I wouldn't worry about being 20, there are going to be plenty of people who are around your age and even if they're not, people will mingle with everyone! I mean when my sister went to university at Cardiff she said most of the freshers she met were older than her! So don't worry about that :smile: I mean I'll be nearly 20 when I start actually (19 in November) so you won't be the only one :smile:

I'm going to be 22 when I go next year I'm not bothered about people being younger or older than me, we're all there to get a degree at the end of the day age doesn't matter :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Justanotherday

I'm applying for law too! I'll be 22 by the time I start :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Milosox
I'm going to be 22 when I go next year I'm not bothered about people being younger or older than me, we're all there to get a degree at the end of the day age doesn't matter :smile:

Hey there!
I totally agree as stated earlier I am starting my A Level studies slightly earlier than others, after taking a gap year (this year) but as you said, you go to university to study a degree for you, to improve your career prospects, to learn something new or to get the job that you've always aspired for however, I think when you are away from home and for many, they are away from home for the first time, it is nice to have a support network of friends to help you through any problems that you may face. But making friends in uni, I have heard is not very difficult as everyone is in the same boat, completely alone and looking for friends so age shouldn't matter :smile:
Hi everyone! I'm Danny and I sent in my UCAS yesterday!
I've applied for child nursing for 2015 entry.
I'm studying A levels in Biology, Chemistry and English Literature.
I haven't managed to make it to an open day yet, but UWE looks beautiful and I am keeping my fingers crossed for an interview!
Whoever created this thread - thanks! I think this could be brilliant for meeting people who, fingers crossed, we might be studying with for the next 3 years!
Danny xx

P.S. I've created a nursing offers thread, so if anyone is applying for nursing, please let me know on there and we can keep track of our offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Me probably! Though I haven't finalised my choices yet.

What course are you applying for? Nursing (mental health)
What course are you currently doing? i.e. A Levels, BTEC? I'm at uni doing Geography and Spanish
Why the University of West England? Idk tbh..I've never even been to Bristol but it's always appealed to me for some reason!
Have you been for an open day or a visit? Nope, but hoping to get over and look around at some stage
Reply 14
Original post by TheNacho63
I've just start Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation @ the UWE Glenside campus and staying on site, its a wonderful place to live and study, would recommend the place to anyone wanting to do an Allied Health Profession.

Hey out of interest, on the Glenside Campus what is the accommodation like? I went on a summer uni but never managed to see the Glenside accommodation which is a shame :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by Dannaaay
Hi everyone! I'm Danny and I sent in my UCAS yesterday!
I've applied for child nursing for 2015 entry.
I'm studying A levels in Biology, Chemistry and English Literature.
I haven't managed to make it to an open day yet, but UWE looks beautiful and I am keeping my fingers crossed for an interview!
Whoever created this thread - thanks! I think this could be brilliant for meeting people who, fingers crossed, we might be studying with for the next 3 years!
Danny xx

P.S. I've created a nursing offers thread, so if anyone is applying for nursing, please let me know on there and we can keep track of our offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by falling
Me probably! Though I haven't finalised my choices yet.

What course are you applying for? Nursing (mental health)
What course are you currently doing? i.e. A Levels, BTEC? I'm at uni doing Geography and Spanish
Why the University of West England? Idk tbh..I've never even been to Bristol but it's always appealed to me for some reason!
Have you been for an open day or a visit? Nope, but hoping to get over and look around at some stage

Hey guys :smile: Good luck on your applications! You're both doing Nursing so you may be in some lecturers together (I know in some unis some of the modules for all branches of Nursing cross over esp. in the first year so they put you together) If all goes according to plan we may all see each other on the Glenside Campus! Where else are you guys applying/considering? Also, Dannaaay, you applied fast? :O
Ah fab another nurse! yep as long as all goes to plan we'll probably be in the same lectures for a lot of the time :smile:
There seems to be a lot of healthcare courses at UWE? By the looks of it a lot of us will all be on the Glenside campus together!
I've also applied to Cardiff, South Wales, Swansea and Oxford Brookes. How about you guys?
Haha I wanted to get it in as soon as possible just to get it out the way so I worked on it all summer :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Dannaaay
Ah fab another nurse! yep as long as all goes to plan we'll probably be in the same lectures for a lot of the time :smile:
There seems to be a lot of healthcare courses at UWE? By the looks of it a lot of us will all be on the Glenside campus together!
I've also applied to Cardiff, South Wales, Swansea and Oxford Brookes. How about you guys?
Haha I wanted to get it in as soon as possible just to get it out the way so I worked on it all summer :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey :smile: I'm not applying for Nursing (but I did last year :/) but I am applying for OT this year. Have you visited the Glenside Campus? I went and I fell in love with it, it was so beautiful and if you are interested in Mental Health in particular (like myself) you will find the campus so inspiring. Its an old converted mental health hospital and a mental health museum close by. The staff there are so kind and so friendly. I loved the university to pieces. Have you managed to visit your other unis then?
Reply 18
Hey guys :smile: Good luck on your applications! You're both doing Nursing so you may be in some lecturers together (I know in some unis some of the modules for all branches of Nursing cross over esp. in the first year so they put you together) If all goes according to plan we may all see each other on the Glenside Campus! Where else are you guys applying/considering? Also, Dannaaay, you applied fast? :O

Thank you! Eeeek it's so exciting!
I'm also thinking of applying to Uni of York, Uni of Leeds, Salford and either Queens Uni Belfast or Ulster :smile:

Where else are you applying?
Reply 19
Original post by falling
Thank you! Eeeek it's so exciting!
I'm also thinking of applying to Uni of York, Uni of Leeds, Salford and either Queens Uni Belfast or Ulster :smile:

Where else are you applying?

Oo! I'm still not 100% sure about where I am applying yet, still on the fence about 1 or 2 of my choices but I know I'm definitely applying to UWE my other options I am considering are Southampton, Cardiff, Plymouth, Liverpool and Bournemouth but I haven't totally decided yet :smile:

Quick Reply