The Student Room Group

Second-Hand Books for Uni

Hiya, I am trying to get by as cheaply as possible (as most of us, I can imagine :P) and I need some advise on where to get second-hand course books?

I'll be studying in London, so either somewhere located there, or a good online shop.
Amazon is probably the easiest way. Sometimes in the department that you're studying the older students set up a sales markets to sell their used books to the first years. So you can enquire about that, but otherwise if you want something easy and efficient amazon would work- although make sure you get the correct editions of your books- that makes things a lot easier too. The correct edition is not always the newest edition btw
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Hm, well, I'll make sure to ask around before ordering on Amazon, then. I'll probably have to get some of the books new, anyway, as a few of them are required for all 3 years. You never know, though; suddenly someone knows a graduate from last year who wants to get rid of their old ones. And I figured out the part about the editions from the reading list :P But thanks anyway, you never know when someone's missed something in-between the lines.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending