The Student Room Group

Best place online to study A Levels?

I really want to take 3 A levels over the next few years in humanities and arts subjects preferably I am doing a degree online currently but I think having A levels would really boost my career prospects as well as give more accreditation to my degree as my degree is such a different subject to the qualifications I learnt in college when I was a teenager.

I am having trouble choosing anywhere to study them, due to the negative reviews a lot of them have received. I was wondering what is the best place to study them according to your own experiences?

Thanks in advance,
Best wishes
I think I am going with the https://www.nec.ac.uk/ as the OU recommend it.
Original post by Spinnerette
I think I am going with the https://www.nec.ac.uk/ as the OU recommend it.

Yeah probably best as I've only heard bad things about ICS.
ICS have been really good to me the last few weeks I have been with them they are really reliable and material is really good. Success is what you make it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iloveteddy14
ICS have been really good to me the last few weeks I have been with them they are really reliable and material is really good. Success is what you make it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool you're the first happy customer I've heard though. I agree success is what you make of it. I'm doing the final module for degree with the OU currently so been part time/distance studying for a few years so I know what it's like.
To the a levels are straight forward and the books they have given me are just a guide to help me through it. My tutors are really nice so over the next few weeks I am going to read my material make notes complete exercises complete some exercises from other text books and then record the notes on to my dictaphone and upload to iPod. I have recently got hold of a 60gb iPod for 40 quid so all notes will be transferred on to there. It's gonna be a long process but the more I repeat the materials the more it will sync in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would use livesciences if you ever wanted to study the superior subjects (Science and Maths) but you have to pay £80 a year for each subject. Covers every unit and every specification of each subject. However, considering you want to do Art and Humanities, that £80 will take you a long time earn back in the future.
Reply 7
Original post by SuperiorGenius
I would use livesciences if you ever wanted to study the superior subjects (Science and Maths) but you have to pay £80 a year for each subject. Covers every unit and every specification of each subject. However, considering you want to do Art and Humanities, that £80 will take you a long time earn back in the future.

*Warning! STEM snob found!*

Op, from what I have heard, NEC is indeed the best but most pricey...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by *Stefan*
*Warning! STEM snob found!*

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha (Superior Genius has) [EDIT] clearly got their head so far up in the clouds they are detached from reality!

Languages are Arts and Humanities and some of the most employable subjects so your comment is ill-mannered and without factual base, as well as being ill-considered. Shall I continue...?
(edited 9 years ago)

Well I'm glad you're banned. You have no clue what your talking about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending