The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University Applicants 2015

Hey Guys :smile:
I thought I'd start a thread for anyone who, like me, is thinking of applying to Bournemouth University for September 2015 entry? Thought I'd break the ice with a few questions:

-What course are you applying for?
-What are you currently studying?
- Why Bournemouth University?
- Have you attended an open day or visit?

Thought we'd use this thread to keep up to date on applications and general news about the university. :smile:

---

Connect to Bournemouth University here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, im applying for Retail Management. I haven't had chance to visit but its meant to be really great. Im currently studying Alevel ict, Science and travel & Tourism.
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by joseph.harry97
Hi, im applying for Retail Management. I haven't had chance to visit but its meant to be really great. Im currently studying Alevel ict, Science and travel & Tourism.

Hi there!
I'm applying for Occupational Therapy at Bournemouth and I haven't visited either but I've heard that it is a very modern and up to date university and that it has great atmosphere! I've just finished my A Levels in Biology, Psychology and Health and Social and am now on my gap year. Are you applying for anywhere else then? :smile:
Hey!

I'm applying to Bournemouth to study Communication and Media, but I am so torn between here and Leeds :frown:

I visited the uni last year. Bournemouth is lovely, it's pretty quiet but the town is gorgeous and the people there are all so nice. It's pretty quaint but from what I've heard the nightlife and stuff is good too. Also accommodation is brilliant.

I'm going to be 19 when I go to uni, having to redo my second year as I didn't finish it - I needed some time out. SO nervous about getting this year right!
Reply 4
Original post by flossicles
Hey!

I'm applying to Bournemouth to study Communication and Media, but I am so torn between here and Leeds :frown:

I visited the uni last year. Bournemouth is lovely, it's pretty quiet but the town is gorgeous and the people there are all so nice. It's pretty quaint but from what I've heard the nightlife and stuff is good too. Also accommodation is brilliant.

I'm going to be 19 when I go to uni, having to redo my second year as I didn't finish it - I needed some time out. SO nervous about getting this year right!

Hey! At the moment I'm torn between here and Liverpool, waiting for the Liverpool prospectus to come through my door (because I found the university website awefully confusing and uninformative) before I make an informed decision. Don't worry you won't be the only one at uni who is 19+ I am currnelty on my gap year before going to uni, so I am in a similar situation to you, I am going to be a bit older than others before I go (almost 20 :/)
Hey everyone,

I just updated the OP with a link to Bournemouth University connect page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:
I am confused weather to go or not so far, I heard something about a maths exam but I am still really interested in going, I want to do illustration.
Reply 7
Original post by Tamara Adams
I am confused weather to go or not so far, I heard something about a maths exam but I am still really interested in going, I want to do illustration.

Some unis do have numeracy and literacy tests for certain courses, so my best advice is to have a look on UCAS and thoroughly examine your course. If you have any entrance exams it should say on there or otherwise, email the university admissions ?
Original post by LouieSax
Hey! At the moment I'm torn between here and Liverpool, waiting for the Liverpool prospectus to come through my door (because I found the university website awefully confusing and uninformative) before I make an informed decision. Don't worry you won't be the only one at uni who is 19+ I am currnelty on my gap year before going to uni, so I am in a similar situation to you, I am going to be a bit older than others before I go (almost 20 :/)

I'll be nearly 20 as well, my birthday is in January so if I get in next year I'll be in the same boat haha. I'm DREADING it! I know loads of people who are older and have just gone to uni, but I still feel like such a prat for not going this year :frown: I know Liverpool is a great uni, and you can't beat the north :smile:)
Reply 9
Original post by flossicles
I'll be nearly 20 as well, my birthday is in January so if I get in next year I'll be in the same boat haha. I'm DREADING it! I know loads of people who are older and have just gone to uni, but I still feel like such a prat for not going this year :frown: I know Liverpool is a great uni, and you can't beat the north :smile:)

Any particular reason you didn't go this year? Seriously though I wouldn't worry about the age gap. From what I've heard when you go to uni, everyone is in the same boat, alone and looking for friends. So it won't be so clicky as it might have been in secondary school or college, so I'm sure you'll be fine and most likely there will be people who are like you who are coming up to 20, so don't worry about it, you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by LouieSax
Some unis do have numeracy and literacy tests for certain courses, so my best advice is to have a look on UCAS and thoroughly examine your course. If you have any entrance exams it should say on there or otherwise, email the university admissions ?

Thank you, I will do I think it is only for the computer animation course some thing like that so I might be safe, i am still worried but I now have one less thing to worry about. Yay :smile:
Hey guys!! I'm thinking of applying to Bournemouth to do English. I think the course looks amazing but people are telling me I shouldn't go because the course is not ranked very high, I don't know what to do!!
If anyone has questions I've just started biological sciences at Bournemouth! :smile:
Hey! I'm applying to study History (: I can't see why everybody is fretting about age! I'll be almost 22 by the time I am a student at the university. Definitely old enough (;

I am really torn between Bournemouth and the University of Essex (Colchester). I do absolutely love Bournemouth however and I have to admit, I think it's definitely the winning choice at the moment!

:smile:
Reply 14
I've applied for ODP next year - only to Bournemouth Uni though. Having a panic about the course hours and placements though as I'll be 36 when I join if I get in next year with a young daughter so don't know if I'll cope????

:frown:
Original post by GillieB
I've applied for ODP next year - only to Bournemouth Uni though. Having a panic about the course hours and placements though as I'll be 36 when I join if I get in next year with a young daughter so don't know if I'll cope????

"As a third year student studying Social Work I was 36 when I started and thought maybe it was a bit late for me - but I was wrong!! I think as a mature student whether you take 1 or 20 years out you bring something different to the course, whatever you are studying, as you have a little bit more expereince in life really.

In response to the concern about having children - please don't worry. The university know that people with children, especially within the health and social care courses, have other commitments and they always work the timetable to be aorund the local school holidays - which means reading week in half term. Plus you get your schedule a year in advance so you know exactly what you need to plan for in terms of child care and support.

Hey everyone - as a final year student at BU if you have any questions - please ask!! I am loving my time here (and am slightly sad that I have to be a grown up next year and go back to work lol).

For those who are thinking about another University - don't - come to Bournemouth!! Three years by the seaside beats any big city as far as I am concerned but then I am biaised as I have been here for just over two years!! We have open days all year round so pop down and let one of us ambassadors show you the ropes. BU is a great place which has shown me how great the learning experience can be and how much fun it is too!! Think carefully about your choice of accommodation, Halls isn't for everyone but then it is a great way to meet laods of people and you do get to have a good social life along side your studies too :smile:"
I am planning to study computing at Bournemouth university?What are the campus like?and the night life?Where do you go in your free time?
Hey :smile:

So I have applied for 4 courses at Bournemouth :P Marketing, Marketing Communications, Business Studies and Advertising. So far I have an unconditional offer for Marketing Communications

I am currently studying business studies with marketing at college.

My decision isn't Bournemouth over another uni, it is uni or no uni, am I still undecided whether uni is for me or not :/

I haven't been to an open day but my brother was there for a year two years ago at Dorchester and I visited him a few times

Any opinions/reviews on these courses/the uni as a whole would be amazing haha please help me with my decision :P
I am an American student (24yo) and I just got my application into Bournemouth at the end of last week. These next few weeks of waiting on an acceptance or a rejection are going to be agonizing.

Is it difficult to get into Bournemouth University? I really want to go here because of the atmosphere, the business program, and I currently work for JPMorgan in the states... so it's pretty great that so many JPMorgan jobs are right there in Bournemouth.

I am hoping my current employment might give me an edge - my past grades from high school and other unis are average. I'm just worried I'll be rejected.

Quick Reply

Latest