The Student Room Group

Please Respond! Visa Application

Hello,

I am a US student going to study in England in October. My offer became unconditional at the end of August, therefore, I could not apply for a visa any earlier. I have everything I need for my visa application, except that my funds have not been in the bank for 28 consecutive days. I wanted to arrive there around the 20th, but by the time the 28 days pass, it'll be really close to the start of the school year, and I would not be able to get my visa in time. If the funds were in my parent's bank account instead, would I still need to show it has been there for 28 days? How would I be able to go about getting my visa if I need it very, very soon, but my funds haven't been in the bank for 28 days by the date of my application?

Thank you in advance.
Hello,

Based on the official guidelines that I have read, it is stated that your personal bank statements must show: your name OR your parent's name. So, I think the 28-day policy should apply if you use your parent's money too. In addition, I think you need to legally show that you are related to your parent, but since you are from a 'low-risk' country, I think you do not have to prove that, just make sure that you have the document if they ask.

I am in the progress of applying for a visa too. Well, I haven't had one peaceful sleep since my uni offered me a place a week ago. My problem is same as yours. I think I will still submit my bank statement which don't follow the 28-day policy, I can't wait for that long because I will be late for my course and my visa in France will expire at the end of this month (I am Indonesian staying in France temporarily). But I will try to explain my situation in the additional information section in the online application form. Don't know how it will go from there though since I do not have any other choice. We'll see.

Good luck with your visa application! And keep me updated if you can.
Reply 2
Original post by masterhunter
Hello,

Based on the official guidelines that I have read, it is stated that your personal bank statements must show: your name OR your parent's name. So, I think the 28-day policy should apply if you use your parent's money too. In addition, I think you need to legally show that you are related to your parent, but since you are from a 'low-risk' country, I think you do not have to prove that, just make sure that you have the document if they ask.

I am in the progress of applying for a visa too. Well, I haven't had one peaceful sleep since my uni offered me a place a week ago. My problem is same as yours. I think I will still submit my bank statement which don't follow the 28-day policy, I can't wait for that long because I will be late for my course and my visa in France will expire at the end of this month (I am Indonesian staying in France temporarily). But I will try to explain my situation in the additional information section in the online application form. Don't know how it will go from there though since I do not have any other choice. We'll see.

Good luck with your visa application! And keep me updated if you can.

Hello. I had the same problem so thank you for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest