The Student Room Group

If you realised your sibling was a serial killer what would you do?

Would you inform the police straight away?
Talk to your sibling and try and reason with them?
Anything else?

This would be a sibling which you are relatively close with and have a connection.

I believe this has actually happened before. I would need to research to find the person though.

Also, if and when they get caught, if you know that they are a killer and haven't informed the police then would you get done for withholding information?

Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I would talk to him first, I think I would persuade him to turn himself in but if he doesn't then I will
Reply 2
Infrm the police immidely. Totally selfish not to.
Reply 3
Give them a list of people I don't like...
Beat the **** out of them?

Then probably follow the script of Dexter
Original post by moment of truth
Anything else?

This would be a sibling which you are relatively close with and have a connection.

I believe this has actually happened before. I would need to research to find the person though.

Also, if and when they get caught, if you know that they are a killer and haven't informed the police then would you get done for withholding information?

its in the name! serial killer! tbh, if I found out i would hand them to the police!
loving them and being close to them is one thing, but if you know that they are a serial killer i highly doubt reasoning with them would help.
id like to get them as far away from people as possible!

sure i would be hurt but id rather them be safe and people be safe and they get punished for their crimes!

im not sure if you would get done, maybe because you are keeping information or maybe not because you need help from the emotional blow? :dontknow:
Reply 6
If my sibling was Dexter, then no. :colone:
Be worried and wonder if I'm adopted, I'm an only child.
lol didn't even think of Dexter when I wrote this and I love Dexter.
Tell the police, obviously. A serial killer probably doesn't place much value on family bonds, so there'd be no reason to believe that they wouldn't kill me to stop me from telling anybody else.
I don't have any siblings, but if in a situation like that I imagine I'd be very very nice to them.

"Oh you don't want to sit there? take my seat. Honestly it's fine I'll sit on the floor way over there."
Anything else?

Did this remind anyone else of Dexter?

I would do it true Debra Morgan style, help my sibling out to stop killing. I wouldn't have it in me to hand them to the police, as selfish as it is, but I'd try and stop them

EDIT: 3 people beat me to the Dexter comment. Whoops.
Original post by Abbie :)
I don't have any siblings, but if in a situation like that I imagine I'd be very very nice to them.

"Oh you don't want to sit there? take my seat. Honestly it's fine I'll sit on the floor way over there."

Yeh!! I dont have a sibling either and i totally imagine life to be soo good if I had one!

but yeh i guess i would talk to him/her first fosure, and try my best to stop him?
Original post by bluebeetle
Tell the police, obviously. A serial killer probably doesn't place much value on family bonds, so there'd be no reason to believe that they wouldn't kill me to stop me from telling anybody else.

Why? Just because someone is capable of killing it doesn't mean they don't love their family.
Tell them to stop killing my favorite cereal with the chocolate bits in nomnom
It would take a lot for me to turn my brother in. It depends who he was killing, some people deserve death.

No.

Not reason. I'd talk to them and find out how/why they do it and how they get away with it.

Anything else?

I might go with them to see them work their magic on their next victim.

No. I'd tell the police I knew nothing and then play the innocent sister who releases book after book after book based on my serial killing brother. My books would then inspire a movie and possibly a BBC show which gets a US remake which is more successful than the original. If Russell T. Davies is the man behind the BBC version then maybe a US remake won't be necessary. I imagine my show would something Torchwoodish.

Oh yeah, the sibling I've been thinking about throughout all of this is my brother. I don't know why. His room's so messy. I don't like it. I like to think that he's using the mess to stop us from finding something that confirms some secret like he's a spy or serial killer or some super successful criminal or hacker or something. :innocent:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cupcakes87
its in the name! serial killer! tbh, if I found out i would hand them to the police!
loving them and being close to them is one thing, but if you know that they are a serial killer i highly doubt reasoning with them would help.
id like to get them as far away from people as possible!

sure i would be hurt but id rather them be safe and people be safe and they get punished for their crimes!

im not sure if you would get done, maybe because you are keeping information or maybe not because you need help from the emotional blow? :dontknow:

Okay, maybe not reason with them, but at least talk to them.

I am sure it would be very hard for anyone to turn their sibling in to the police, especially for a crime as serious as this.
Original post by Vixen47
No.

Not reason. I'd talk to them and find out how/why they do it and how they get away with it.

I might go with them to see them work their magic on their next victim.

No. I'd tell the police I knew nothing and then play the innocent sister who releases book after book after book based on my serial killing brother. My books would then inspire a movie and possibly a BBC show which gets US remake which is more successful than the original. If Russell T. Davies is the man behind the BBC version then maybe a US remake won't be necessary. I imagine my show would some Torchwoodish.

Oh yeah, the sibling I've been thinking about throughout all of this is my brother. I don't know why. His room's so messy. I don't like it. I like to think that he's using the mess to stop us from finding something that confirms some secret like he's a spy or serial killer or some super successful criminal or hacker or something. :innocent:

Wow you have it all planned so well
I'd be astonished. Fairly sure I'm the more likely of the two of us to be a serial killer.

Quick Reply

Latest