M282 - Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's Second Pregnancy Watch

This discussion is closed.
Faland
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
M282 - Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's Second Pregnancy, The Rt. Hon. tehFrance MP

This house congratulates the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their fantastic news that they're expecting a second child, we're thrilled to hear of the news and wish them all the best

This house also expresses concern for the Duchess of Cambridge's condition during this critical time, we hope that she gets the best medical care available to her to help settle the Hyperemesis gravidarum she's currently experiencing.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
I, of course, congratulate and wish them both well
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Here here!

Expecting some comments on how there is no monarchy anymore blah blah
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree with this motion even though I am no longer a member of the House. Even without a monarchy in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, we can still wish the mother of the future King of Australia and his brother or sister well.
Superunknown17
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
People find out their pregnant everyday. This is absolutely no different and doesn't require a motion.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yay, celebrity pregnancy news.
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Absolutely not, disgusting motion.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MangoFreak)
Absolutely not, disgusting motion.
You think someone announcing they are pregnant is disgusting, wow.
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)
You think someone announcing they are pregnant is disgusting, wow.
There is literally no way you could reasonably interpret my statement like this.
Ruitker
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am surprised Teh France has proposed this motion but I agree. It is a happy time for the parents and the nation has a whole. Hopefully this time people won't camp outside the hospital waiting for the birth though. I am sure all my fellow members in UKIP agree in wishing the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge many joys with their soon to be new child.
ukip72
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aye, fantastic news, I congratulate them.
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ruitker)
I am surprised Teh France has proposed this motion.
Why are you surprised?
Ruitker
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
Why are you surprised?
I never had you down as a monarchist until you aired your opinions on the Monarchy bill. Even now I would have though your view would be 'it's just another woman giving birth' and should therefore not require special attention or a public message wishing her well. I have misjudged you.
InnerTemple
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wonderful.

I can't wait for more exciting news coverage like this:

tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
I never had you down as a monarchist until you aired your opinions on the Monarchy bill. Even now I would have though your view would be 'it's just another woman giving birth' and should therefore not require special attention or a public message wishing her well. I have misjudged you.
I'm both a monarchist and a republican, I support the monarchy in the sense that they're here and I can't do anything at this point in time to get rid if them and I support the republican movement in the sense that I want ultimate power for myself... I'd install myself as King, ruling with an iron fist, a better Putin if you will
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by InnerTemple)
Wonderful.

I can't wait for more exciting news coverage like this:

By the sound of it they backed that reporter into a corner.
Ruitker
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
I'm both a monarchist and a republican, I support the monarchy in the sense that they're here and I can't do anything at this point in time to get rid if them and I support the republican movement in the sense that I want ultimate power for myself... I'd install myself as King, ruling with an iron fist, a better Putin if you will
You're now free to become TSR King. God help us :eek: At least some of my judgement was right, you still appear to be an egocentric and arrogant narcissist Vive la empire dictature de fer.
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
You're now free to become TSR King. God help us :eek: At least some of my judgement was right, you still appear to be an egocentric and arrogant narcissist Vive la empire dictature de fer.
Yes, :woo:

I'm not arrogant nor am I egocentric!
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Although this doesn't really need to be a motion - I mean is it debate worthy? Not imo.
But that being said I don't actually disagree so what the heck:

Aye.
Matthew_Lowson
Badges: 17
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Although this doesn't really need to be a motion - I mean is it debate worthy? Not imo.
But that being said I don't actually disagree so what the heck:

Aye.
This is why there's a place still for EDMs
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (7)
12.73%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (4)
7.27%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (2)
3.64%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (9)
16.36%
Monster Munch (6)
10.91%