The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
kikzen
9 mill and a penny chew?

Nope, Wavell is better than the girls schools anyway, its very hard ot get into.

Its like they dont know how to act around guys, when we play sport they came to our place and you just want to knock some snese into them!
Reply 81
According to my handy dictionary (yes, I am a loser), vanity is excessive pride in yourself; conceit.

So therefore, unless you spend an age on your appearance, you are not vain. I'm not quite sure where materialism comes in either :-/
Essentially it's natural to want to make yourself look better... you want to find yourself a good mate etc.

Nothing wrong with it at all; unless you start going too far with things like multiple plastic surgery operations, face lifts etc. :redface:
Reply 83
It's sad but everything is based around sex these days, the media is the culprit. Take a womens magazine for example every page is packed full of wonderful products and items which will transform your life and make you so happy! Or maybe you're being exploited for £1.60 every fortnight.
Reply 84
princessb
It's sad but everything is based around sex these days, the media is the culprit. Take a womens magazine for example every page is packed full of wonderful products and items which will transform your life and make you so happy! Or maybe you're being exploited for £1.60 every fortnight.

And children
I keep on seeing 10 year old girls reading 'Sugar'
I'm sorry but magazines like that are just a load of shit
It described 'He Knew He Was Right' as "posh boys in lush clothes'
What about age restrictions on magazines?
Or a general guide?
I'm sure we have to draw the line when you see seven year old girls in denim mini skirts and leather boots (and that's just to church)

Latest

Trending

Trending