Is it normal to feel faint when on your period? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I always have really bad periods, they are not that heavy at all, but every month I feel faint, achy and get dreadful migraines. I also get awful cramps which make me feel sick. Is this normal. I'm 18 and have been having periods for two years.
quinlov
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used to get like this. Often I would throw up and then faint from the pain of cramps. I went to the doctor and she suggested going on the pill which has completely gotten rid of the problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
(Original post by quinlov)
I used to get like this. Often I would throw up and then faint from the pain of cramps. I went to the doctor and she suggested going on the pill which has completely gotten rid of the problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does being on the pill affect your chances of conceiving naturally in the future? I'm not thinking of getting pregnant anytime soon before you ask!
quinlov
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hmmm I don't think so! You should go and speak to a gp about all the different types. Definitely worth it

Posted from TSR Mobile
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Does being on the pill affect your chances of conceiving naturally in the future? I'm not thinking of getting pregnant anytime soon before you ask!
I was on the Pill for nearly six years and it didn't affect me in anyway.
gemmam
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
No, I know quite a few women who were on it and went on to get pregnant naturally.

I also used to get periods like yours when I was younger, they'd get so bad I'd have to take time off school. I didn't go on the pill (I was going to start it however I can only have the mini pill which could've actually made the problem worse so I didn't bother) but luckily I grew out of it when I got older. I suggest you go to your GP for advice, they may suggest going on the pill or something else to help with the symptoms. I also have a couple of friends who had problem periods who now have Mirena and they say it helped them so that could be something else you could look into.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It happens to me sometimes. My legs often ache and I feel like they'll give over at any moment. It may be an iron deficiency due to the loss of blood.
Anonymous #1
Ugh why do I even have periods I'm asexual
Anonymous #2
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think it's normal but it's fairly common. For me most months go like this: achy legs, cramps, throw up, faint, cramps.
HeyFromNY_USA
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I had menstrual cramps one time that felt like I was going to die. It was like Rosemary's Baby, I was so bent. I was crawling in pain just screaming, everyone was looking at me like what the **** is wrong with her, totally overreacting. But I wasn't. It was soooo bad!!! I couldnt even move, but laying down still was unbearable because like...it made me focus. So I tried to move around like I was a zombie and just...collapsed. And no one gave a **** lol the males who were around were like hiding :hide: lmao
HeyFromNY_USA
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
But OP as you're losing a lotta blood, you might feel faint.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't know if its normal but it is certainly common. I used to get like this every month as my periods were really heavy and painful. Its probably caused by blood loss and maybe low blood sugar as well. I'm on the pill now so my periods are less regular and less painful and heavy so I rarely feel light headed when I get a period now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
its not abnormal, but its not particularly healthy either. It worth seeing a doctor as the pill might help but it might also be worth trying things like taking evening primrose oil, magnesium and a womens multivitamin as these are known to help with bad periods.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (14)
7.11%
They might tell the bully (20)
10.15%
I don't think they'd understand (33)
16.75%
It might lead to more bullying (71)
36.04%
There's nothing they could do (59)
29.95%

Watched Threads