Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, would someone like to help me out? I don't have much luck with cars and wondered if anyone would recommend any cheap-ish reliable cars I could have a look at buying for when I'm at uni? thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    German cars are always the most reliable. Volkswagen Polo won't be more than £2500 max for an 05/06 version. I have an 04 Renault Clio which I've had no serious issues with at all, generally reliable although I'm upgrading to a Golf next year. So I'd recommend anything Volkswagen for well known reliability and a Clio from personal experience

How much are you looking to spend though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmertic)
    German cars are always the most reliable. Volkswagen Polo won't be more than £2500 max for an 05/06 version. I have an 04 Renault Clio which I've had no serious issues with at all, generally reliable although I'm upgrading to a Golf next year. So I'd recommend anything Volkswagen for well known reliability and a Clio from personal experience

Most stats out there disproves that myth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)
    Most stats out there disproves that myth
    Actually I'd say Japanese cars are most reliable on second thoughts. But no those stats are wrong... can't go wrong with a German car.

ReputationRep:
    Lamborghini reventon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Actually I'd say Japanese cars are most reliable on second thoughts. But no those stats are wrong... can't go wrong with a German car.
    We all know American cars are the most reliable as well as best handling

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yeah dude)
    We all know American cars are the most reliable as well as best handling

Posted from TSR Mobile
    HHahahaahaa, good one! A dragonborne would soon craft a better can than any american out of the dragon scales and bones he collects

ReputationRep:
    HHahahaahaa, good one! A dragonborne would soon craft a better can than any american out of the dragon scales and bones he collects
    I'm guessing if you are on your first car, that means you are pretty young, so I'm assuming you've rolled the car atleast 2 times, dragonborn? (Before you took the arrow In the knee of course)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wrong or not when buying cheap cars how it had been taken care and its current condition are by far more important than the badge on it.

ReputationRep:
    Wrong or not when buying cheap cars how it had been taken care and its current condition are by far more important than the badge on it.
    Nah m8 u need that build quality m8

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Thankyou! I was looking at a Clio, I'd quite like something like that. I heard golf and polos were expensive on insurance?! I'm a female... People tell me anything hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chazzyboo)
    Thankyou! I was looking at a Clio, I'd quite like something like that. I heard golf and polos were expensive on insurance?! I'm a female... People tell me anything hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    YE m8 I r8 Clio 8/8 m8 no h8 m8 2 does cli0s m8 U WOT M8

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yeah dude)
    I'm guessing if you are on your first car, that means you are pretty young, so I'm assuming you've rolled the car atleast 2 times, dragonborn? (Before you took the arrow In the knee of course)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah had no accidents in my car yet

ReputationRep:

Incorrect unless the car has been completely neglected or tampered with. Compare loads of Italian cars like Fiat to Volkswagen. Vwagen have a rep for being reliable and well built where as Fiat have a rep for being made of cheese. However I won't ignore the fact that paying attention to how the previous owners have looked after the car is very important as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chazzyboo)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Females often get a little lower I've heard. Polo's should be lower on insurance, it's just that the car is usually more expensive. Best thing to do is create a money supermarket account and check the insurance of cars you come across on eBay and Autotrader that you like, that's your best way of finding out

ReputationRep:
    Incorrect unless the car has been completely neglected or tampered with. Compare loads of Italian cars like Fiat to Volkswagen. Vwagen have a rep for being reliable and well built where as Fiat have a rep for being made of cheese. However I won't ignore the fact that paying attention to how the previous owners have looked after the car is very important as well.
    Oh yeah? How many Fiats and VWs have you personally owned?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah? How many Fiats and VWs have you personally owned?
    My parents have owned a hell of a lot of VW's, BMW's and Audi's (all now made by the same company I believe) and my Mum has had a couple of Fiats and my Dad has drove those Fiats. So I have a close enough experience with them both thanks

ReputationRep:
    My parents have owned a hell of a lot of VW's, BMW's and Audi's (all now made by the same company I believe) and my Mum has had a couple of Fiats and my Dad has drove those Fiats. So I have a close enough experience with them both thanks
    You have no experience

ReputationRep:
    You have no experience
    Yeah I do, I've asked enough questions and been shown enough to be able to form my own opinion. I'd rather trust what my parents have said from lots of first hand experience and my own second hand as oppose to go and buy a Fiat hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    VW's, BMW's and Audi's (all now made by the same company I believe)
    Incorrect, Audi is a subsidiary of VW and, BMW is a completely separate entity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.