The Student Room Group

No update yet?

Hi, I was asked to send evidence of my residence in the last three years, so I sent it off along with some form that was sent to me which I had to fill in. I sent it off over 6 weeks ago. I also sent the change of circumstances form 3 weeks ago. I have had no updates on my account nor any e-mails sent. No update even on my change of circumstances. Should I wait a bit longer before calling SFE?

It does say that they usually take at least 6 weeks after they receive all the evidence. But I'm moving out in 4 weeks and sorting out my application for the last 4 months is a bit of a joke... I fear it might even come to me applying next year because I won't have the money to support myself..

This is the third time I'm sending evidence so I hope third time is the charm..
(edited 9 years ago)
bump
I've had the exact same... SFE have lost two of my PFF2 forms and I've just sent the third via recorded delivery which says it's with them today. I'd advise you to do the same!
I've been told the wrong information twice and have just been told over the phone it takes 15 days from when they receive your form to process then after that they issue a letter as to what you're entitled to and the payments follow.
They're beyond useless - a very angry complaint has been issued! This year it seems they're incapable of doing anything.

Good luck!
What's funny is that I sent the original form with all the information at the beginning, but then for over a month it said that I need to send my parents' financial information filled in as they haven't received it. I was on holiday so I couldn't send it for a month.. I came back, and wanted to call them to ask why they haven't looked at the information there.. On that day my online account said that they have the financial information and need to calculate how much I'll need.

I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow... But now I feel they lost my original tax information I sent them, and my residency form as well.

Actually, I'll wait a bit more. Reading this post from Mark in another thread cleared it up a little.

All applications will take 6-8 weeks to be fully approved yes, if there are then changes made to the application at a later date, this can then lead to a reassessment being required and increasing the time.

When you send in a paper 'Change Of Circumstances' form to update course details these go into a queue for processing along with all other students forms who have had to change their choice. Right now they are taking between 3-4 weeks to be processed.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi, I also wanted to know if I should apply for more maintenance loan. Originally I said I would be living at home, so I was entitled to less maintenance loan (on my form I applied for the maximum amount). However, I'll be living away from home, so I'm entitled to more. But my account online, in the ''view your application summary'', with the different tables, says that I applied for up to £4418. Do I need to send yet another form or will that be sorted out?
I'll also have the maintenance grant (which isn't on my account as I was informed it will appear once they sort out my parents' financial information) so that reduces the maintenance loan.
Ok, I decided to give them a call... Now I remember I sent the UK residency form almost 7 weeks ago, but additional evidence that was required on the 18th of August, along with my change of circumstances form. Everything will be processed within the next week, they got it, but I need to give them a call next week to check if my residency evidence has been confirmed.

That's a relief..

And I hope very much child tax credits will be enough for evidence of residency..
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending