The Student Room Group
Original post by Ali97
For example, if my predicted grades are A*AA and entry requirements are AAB.
Will they offer me higher than entry requirements, up to predicted grades maybe?
If so, how often does it happen?

Yes, they can make whatever offer they wish and it isn't uncommon for offers to reflect predictions.
Reply 2
Whilst it is the case that they can make any offer they wish above or below the usual entry requirements generally speaking they will make an offer at the entry requirement. A lot of people tend to put one or two choices a couple of grades below their predicted to act as insurance.

One exception to this case might be if you are doing resit years for your A levels where sometimes they ask for a grade or two above the normal entry
Yes, they can do this- the advertised grade requirements are usually a "standard offer" meaning that universities can give higher (or lower) offers if they want to.

However, it's very hard to know if a particular uni will give you a higher offer- I expect even the university themselves won't be 100% sure what they will offer this year. Sometimes, if a university gets lots of applications from students offering higher grades, they will put their standard offer up for everyone. Equally, if they haven't had as many applications as they want, they may make slightly lower offers.
Reply 4
Yes they can, I have 3 predicted A*'s and Cardiff was my last choice, they offered me AAA instead of the usual ABB. I'm not sure how often this happens.
Original post by O.w.17
Yes they can, I have 3 predicted A*'s and Cardiff was my last choice, they offered me AAA instead of the usual ABB. I'm not sure how often this happens.

This thread is 5 years old - it's likely that the OP has already graduated :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
This thread is 5 years old - it's likely that the OP has already graduated :smile:

dam

Latest

Trending

Trending