The Student Room Group

Joan Rivers labels Obama a 'tranny', calls Adele 'fat' before death

Joan Rivers Banned Adele And Michelle Obama From Funeral

JOAN RIVERS 'banned' U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama, pop star Adele, and U.S. talk show host Chelsea Handler from attending her funeral just weeks before her sudden death.

The veteran comedienne sent Hollywood into mourning when she passed away on Thursday (04Sept14), days after suffering a cardiac arrest during a routine throat procedure.

Her funeral was held in her native New York on Sunday (07Sep14) and attracted a galaxy of stars including Hugh Jackman, Whoopi Goldberg, Kelly Osbourne, and Sarah Jessica Parker, and it has now emerged Rivers had previously drawn up a wish-list of famous faces who should stay away.

In one of her final interviews, conducted just weeks before her death, she told The Sunday Times Magazine that those she wanted kept away from her funeral included Obama, who she branded "a tranny", Adele for being "fat", and Handler, who she dubbed "drunk" and a "w**re".

She also discussed how she knew death would soon be "inevitable" because of her advancing years and revealed she had been trying to help her daughter Melissa to come to terms with her mother's mortality.

Rivers added, "Melissa says, 'I don't want to hear about it, I don't want to talk about it', but I say it's comi-i-i-ing! It's inevitable. It's no longer an abstract thing. It's like, God, I'm in my eighties. Nobody, when I die, is going to say, 'How young?' They're going to say, 'She had a great ride.'"

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/joan-rivers-banned-adele-and-michelle-obama-from-funeral_4360238

:rofl::rofl:

Scroll to see replies

She doesn't sound like a pleasant human being and has to resort to insults to make fame...how sad.

No pity whatsoever. Good riddance.
Reply 2
Original post by grassntai
Joan Rivers Banned Adele And Michelle Obama From Funeral

JOAN RIVERS 'banned' U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama, pop star Adele, and U.S. talk show host Chelsea Handler from attending her funeral just weeks before her sudden death.

The veteran comedienne sent Hollywood into mourning when she passed away on Thursday (04Sept14), days after suffering a cardiac arrest during a routine throat procedure.

Her funeral was held in her native New York on Sunday (07Sep14) and attracted a galaxy of stars including Hugh Jackman, Whoopi Goldberg, Kelly Osbourne, and Sarah Jessica Parker, and it has now emerged Rivers had previously drawn up a wish-list of famous faces who should stay away.

In one of her final interviews, conducted just weeks before her death, she told The Sunday Times Magazine that those she wanted kept away from her funeral included Obama, who she branded "a tranny", Adele for being "fat", and Handler, who she dubbed "drunk" and a "w**re".

She also discussed how she knew death would soon be "inevitable" because of her advancing years and revealed she had been trying to help her daughter Melissa to come to terms with her mother's mortality.

Rivers added, "Melissa says, 'I don't want to hear about it, I don't want to talk about it', but I say it's comi-i-i-ing! It's inevitable. It's no longer an abstract thing. It's like, God, I'm in my eighties. Nobody, when I die, is going to say, 'How young?' They're going to say, 'She had a great ride.'"

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/joan-rivers-banned-adele-and-michelle-obama-from-funeral_4360238

:rofl::rofl:

Well if that is her wishes I hope they complied with it. Joan is a complex woman, I mean she's out spoken and pretty crazy but it's her choice. I have noticed she never got a roast so we don't know if she could takes jokes about her.
Reply 3
She was a vicious person, but how can you deny the truth? Adele is fat.
I thought she called Barack a tranny when I read the title...
She's dead. Get over it. Whats the point of speaking ill of the dead?
Reply 6
I don't think Joan Rivers ever made me laugh. Until now. Just an overrated "celeb", who just criticized people. So plastic!
Reply 7
Well Adele is fat.
Well I dare say they had the last laugh...
Original post by Secretnerd123

Who better to speak ill of than the dead? They certainly aren't gonna give a damn.
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
Who better to speak ill of than the dead? They certainly aren't gonna give a damn.

They're not alive to defend themselves so its not fair. Leave it

lol as if they'd be in here to defend themselves regardless.
Reply 12
May she reside peacefully in hell :h:
Reply 13
Lol not surprised she'd do something like that :biggrin:
Original post by Tai Ga
May she reside peacefully in hell :h:

Such an awful thing to say.

I don't think Joan Rivers would mind herself, after all she has mocked the likes of Amy Winehouse after her death. if you dish it out, you have to take it too. :tongue:

Personally I found her funny, a cruel bitch sure, but still funny.
Reply 16
Original post by TheStudent.
Such an awful thing to say.

Indeed. About as awful as Joan :wink:
She was a stand up comedian that poked fun of herself and others, including celebrities. Controversy was her theme, and she did it from the 1960s, so this is not 'shocking' at all, as the news liked to make out. Perhaps her list was of those she never knew or suspected would never attend, and as she knew it was a list for her funeral, she was on the receiving end anyway-but the bottom line was if she didn't know them,she didn't care.

She was doing what she had always done throughout her career, although she did up her game with more controversial topics in recent years, such as mocking dead celebrities or with arguably racist comments (despite having celebrity friends that could be considered a minority etc). It was all put on. Controversy equals coverage. The media however is still very sensitive to certain topics, and everything is taken as if she meant it, even if it's told by a comedian, and I am sure she knew what she was doing (most of the time). Many people today however (including myself at first) only knew her as a reality star,occasional presenter or just a random celebrity of old that would be interviewed on television here in the uk.

I don't know about the rest on her list, but this is part of the video of her calling obama gay, outside whilst walking past the media. It doesn't seem like a well thought out moment but its actually the journalist that brings up the 'gay president' topic initially, and she just decides to reply with something cheeky to give him a story. This was not as big a deal as the papers made it out to be in my opinion :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihP_q6UPUDA

some of her early stand up :smile:
(note its the 60s so not as 'controversial' as you can get away with today, but controversial at the time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpPCFoXXhF0

So we shouldn't speak ill of Hitler?
Original post by thunder_chunky
So we shouldn't speak ill of Hitler?
Hitler's a nice man in comparison to Joan Rivers. Did Hitler say Palestinian's deserve to die? Did Hitler even say Jews deserve to die? nope. Hitler is by far the most lied about, demonised man in history. Our depiction of Hitler comes from Hollywood. Hitler saw his country under attack by the Jews and he was right. Remember who the Nazi's real goal was to destroy communism and communists who by the way killed far more than Nazi's ever did were largely Jews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending