The Student Room Group

What to eat for breakfast?

I'm trying to clean up my diet and make healthy changes, I have my lunch and dinner sorted but I have no idea what to do for breakfast.

I would have fruit or something like that but I don't really like "cold" food on a morning.

What would people suggest for a healthy breakfast?
if you don't like cold food:
Boiled eggs
Porridge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SweetNothing
I'm trying to clean up my diet and make healthy changes, I have my lunch and dinner sorted but I have no idea what to do for breakfast.

I would have fruit or something like that but I don't really like "cold" food on a morning.

Boiled/fried egg(s) and baked beans. (if fried, use olive oil)

Toast.
Scrambled egg on wholemeal toast
Omelette with some veggies
Porridge with fruits (blackberries, mashed bananas?)
Smoothies!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous263
if you don't like cold food:
Boiled eggs
Porridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
Boiled/fried egg(s) and baked beans. (if fried, use olive oil)

Toast.

Original post by yennibubs
Scrambled egg on wholemeal toast
Omelette with some veggies
Porridge with fruits (blackberries, mashed bananas?)
Smoothies!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
Thank you!

You're welcome ! Make sure you use wholemeal bread ! :biggrin:
You're welcome ! Make sure you use wholemeal bread ! :biggrin:

I'll write it down on my shopping list :P
I'll write it down on my shopping list :P

Since you seem so keen on the whole healthy eating thing, you might want to consider the following:

Generally, try to avoid carbs in the evening, and get most of your carbs/fat in the morning.

Increase your protein intake slightly, this will help increase your metabolism.

Also, I would suggest you avoid the conventional 'breakfast lunch dinner' type of eating.

Break your meals down in to smaller meals if possible. This way your metabolism is increased and your body uses more energy, and will help you maintain a toned figure.

I have 5 meals a day, but I eat the same amount as if I was to have 3 meals a day.
Since you seem so keen on the whole healthy eating thing, you might want to consider the following:

Generally, try to avoid carbs in the evening, and get most of your carbs/fat in the morning.

Increase your protein intake slightly, this will help increase your metabolism.

Also, I would suggest you avoid the conventional 'breakfast lunch dinner' type of eating.

Break your meals down in to smaller meals if possible. This way your metabolism is increased and your body uses more energy, and will help you maintain a toned figure.

I have 5 meals a day, but I eat the same amount as if I was to have 3 meals a day.

Ah that's helpful! Thanks again :biggrin:
Fried egg on toast with ham and cheese it's the best
Reply 10

But bacon sandwiches... :frown:

How can you resist them?!
Original post by JDJ714
But bacon sandwiches... :frown:

How can you resist them?!

I didn't eat them that much to start with!
Full English with extra everything. If you want to be healthy then have a few fried tomatoes, but really the potato from the hash browns should be enough.
Original post by brittanna
Full English with extra everything. If you want to be healthy then have a few fried tomatoes, but really the potato from the hash browns should be enough.

Why didn't I think of that?!
Original post by brittanna

wat
Original post by illusionz
wat

u mad bro?
porridge with banana and a cup of coffee
greek yoghurt

Quick Reply

Latest