Telling someone you love them

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have been with the same guy for 6 months now. We dated for 5 months and officially together for 1. We are both in our twenties.

I am starting to feel like I love him and get scared I am going to say it. He says things like he cares about me and misses me when he goes a long time without seeing me. He said recently I am the first girlfriend he has had that he feels like he can be his self with and feels comfortable with me. But this doesn't necessarily mean he loves me?

Should I wait for him to say it first? I don't want to make things awkward if I say it and he doesn't feel it.
Sheena1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just say it.
tractore
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well, I would just tell you him now that you two need to meet, and then tell him that you love him. There is no time to wait, DO IT NOW, stop procrastinating everything, okay, if you like procrastination do it in your job or studies but not in the relationship.

It's weird how you two love each other and are not telling that. If he is not tellin he loves you, so You Tell Him ASAP.
So, please tell him you love him and give a deep deep kiss!
Jakeh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Take a risk. Whats the worst that can happen
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jakeh)
It could be awkward if he doesnt feel the same :-/
Jakeh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It could be awkward if he doesnt feel the same :-/
It could be! If you make it so!
FasterThanFTL
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
dont do it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by FasterThanFTL)
dont do it.
Care to elaborate?
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
Let him say it...you MUST NOT say it lol!!!
xmertic
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have been with the same guy for 6 months now. We dated for 5 months and officially together for 1. We are both in our twenties.

I am starting to feel like I love him and get scared I am going to say it. He says things like he cares about me and misses me when he goes a long time without seeing me. He said recently I am the first girlfriend he has had that he feels like he can be his self with and feels comfortable with me. But this doesn't necessarily mean he loves me?

Should I wait for him to say it first? I don't want to make things awkward if I say it and he doesn't feel it.
Show affections that display that you feel like you love him for another month or so and then say it? It's really up to you
FasterThanFTL
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
love doesnt exist. u need to be realistic about this. just go with it, see how it goes and where it takes you. but dont commit to anything. if u get in too deep, u wont be able to get out. dont share your feelings or tell him anything. dont say anything. u dont want this to get serious.
LolaLowe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You could start with saying things like 'I love the way you make me feel when we are together', or 'I love your smile/kisses/sense of humour' and see where it goes?
username677182
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Would you rather regret what you did or didn't say?
Da Di Doo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wait a few more months. 6 months is too soon.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Da Di Doo)
Wait a few more months. 6 months is too soon.
I am just concerned as he loved his last ex and they were only together 8 months :/
from what he said in my original post does it sound like he is close to it?
Da Di Doo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am just concerned as he loved his last ex and they were only together 8 months :/
from what he said in my original post does it sound like he is close to it?
You said he says you're his first girlfriend then how come he has an ex?

Anyways, I really can't say if he loves you or not because I don't actually know you.

I just think you should wait a few more months before telling him that you love him, or wait until he says it first (whichever comes first).
Or else it will probably be super awkward and uncomfortable for the both of you if he doesn't feel the same way.

I think you should do what another post has said and say things like, "I love the way you make me feel."

P.S, by 'a few months' I don't actually mean 6-7 months. I just mean maybe wait another 3-4 months of you both being in an 'official' relationship.
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sheena1)
Just say it.
This. I actually said it to the girl who I'm now with ages before we became 'us.' It just came out and she said it back.
Chicken.M.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jakeh)
this

http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyM...-timerlake.jpg
S1elyak1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just say it. I didn't get chance to say it and regretted it.
username1467365
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kayleighisonfire)
Just say it. I didn't get chance to say it and regretted it.
Awww
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.84%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.05%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.29%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.82%

Watched Threads