The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
am i the only bloke here or something?? nobody likes girls in very few clothes? strange...
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 21
I'm going to school disco, sounds fun and i don't have a problem with 'girls in very few clothes'. It sounds like a 'normal' night out in leeds
wellzee
am i the only bloke here or something?? nobody likes girls in very few clothes? strange...

I'm a guy, I just don't really find it that sexy when everything's on show like that, there's nothing left to the imagination. Plus I just end up feeling like a perv and definitely don't give the girls much respect since all I'm doing is staring at their tits'n'ass.
Reply 23
guitarromantic
I'm a guy, I just don't really find it that sexy when everything's on show like that, there's nothing left to the imagination. Plus I just end up feeling like a perv and definitely don't give the girls much respect since all I'm doing is staring at their tits'n'ass.

I understand what you're saying but if they put it all on show they probably want u to stare at it. 'School uniform' isn't an interchangeable word for 'dress slutty', so to be honest you don't have to dress like that to fit the theme, if they do dress like that it's probably on purpose.
wellzee
'School uniform' isn't an interchangeable word for 'dress slutty', so to be honest you don't have to dress like that to fit the theme, if they do dress like that it's probably on purpose.

Come on dude, it really is. How many girls do you think show up to these things dressed in the actual kind of clothes they wore when they were really in school?

The whole "it's okay to look if they're dressed revealingly" argument is one I've had many times with various friends (many of whom have feminist values) and it's not one that we should turn this thread into, but suffice to say, most girls wouldn't say it was alright for some weird dirty old man to stare at their bodies just because they were dressed up for a night out.
Reply 25
I'm starting to regret already buying my ticket for the school disco - i never dress sluttily and would feel uncomfortable doing so. Maybe I should dress as the head teacher?
guitarromantic
Come on dude, it really is. How many girls do you think show up to these things dressed in the actual kind of clothes they wore when they were really in school?

but i dressed slutty in school ha ha!
Reply 27
You don't have to dress completely like a slut.

I went to one when I was at Nottingham and I just wore a shortish black skirt and a shirt and tie. It'd only be particularly slutty if i'd had the shirt gaping open and the skirt hitched around my arse :wink:
spoon1
I'm starting to regret already buying my ticket for the school disco - i never dress sluttily and would feel uncomfortable doing so. Maybe I should dress as the head teacher?

Yeah don't listen to me, I'm a bitter and cynical old man, seriously. It'll probably be fine, there's no rule stipulating that you have to go dressed all sluttily. I just like to moan.
Reply 29
Are ppl actually buying tickets now b4 hand or not? I was jsut goin to wait till I get there to buy the tickets inc the Introparty and Freshers Ball. Anyone else in the same boat?
Ye, Im just buying everything when I get there... or making friends with people who have spare tickets
Reply 31
yeh i will be buying them once i am there, met my flat mates etc. u never know what u'll be doing until u've met the people u wil be goin out with!
ull even meet people in the queue for tickets, and most probably discover a new part of the union like we did!! u wont get that buyin them online!

Latest