The Student Room Group

Funniest Thing You've Been Told Off For

Scroll to see replies

Okay, so one of the strictest teachers in our school came into our ww1 class in a suprisingly good mood one day..."It was so horrendous" she claims bursting with a previously unseen sense of humour, "I walked into the restaurant and just guess what I saw?", so then me being the bright spark that I was decided to reply: "What miss, the mirror?" - the rest was history!:whip

(Edited to help illustrate what happened after! Was proper funny at the time tho!)
SaccerZD
Keeping a tally on a clipboard during an English lesson of how often our teacher said "abso-lutely!" when agreeing with a point that somebody had made - we got to 17 in one lesson before we were rumbled.

Ditto! Our Geography teacher in a double lesson once said "OK" 53 times (her accent pronounced it Ohhhhh-kaeeeeyyy :biggrin:). She took the p*ss out of me and my friend rotten for that :redface:
Reply 142
The same guy in the 'pain of brown' videos - namely, Brown - was once taped to a table leg on the floor, and then we taped his mouth up. A science technician came in and could hear a muffled screaming shouting noise, but couldn't see where it was coming from, decided it must be outside, so locked the door and therefore kept him there all through dinner.

And then when it was time to release him, we ripped all the bumfluff off of his lip when taking the tape off really quickly.
Lol you are funny people! The weirdest thing I was ever told off for??...

I went to a school trip with my economics class, and there was a problem with my visa (no one else needed one so we haven't thought about it). I needed permission from my parents to get on the plane as I was 17 at the time. My teacher was stressed and freaked and quite angry at the system, so she shouted at me:

-Can't your mum get it faxed right now?
-No, I don't think so, the embassy must be closed now.
-What about your dad? Can he do it?
-Er... Err my dad died when I was little...
-NOT HELPFUL :mad:
-Err... sorry?? :redface:

That's not exactly funny :rolleyes: but definitely the weirdest thing!
This is f**king hilarious, listen to what happened to my best friend during cookery lessons:
teacher: Brian, you never listened to what I said. Leave the fish as it is.
Brian: I don't like leaving the bones in.
teacher: stop BONING the fish, Brian. I'll give it a proper BONE myself, you don't know how to do it properly.

Our faces were red, I almost died trying not to laugh.
I got an afterschool for getting drawn on with bright pink highlighter.
In all fairness it was all over my face...
The person who drew on me got a shorter detention too.

Oh yeah, and my friends got told off for lending me paper.
The same teacher said "just because you have ridiculous hair, doesn't mean you can be ridiculous". It was purple at the time.

OOH, and another one. I got shut in the english store cupboard for not doing my coursework.

Love that school. xx
I had a chocolate war with a teacher once :biggrin: though the telling off wasn't really a proper one, just a stop being so annoying one :p:
In 6th form I had a music teacher who had a habit of saying a few phrases all the time, ran like clockwork. On one lesson we decided to make a different animal noise for each one she said, eg "For the LOVE of God" had a moooo after it, "DO YOUR WORK" (accompanied by table banging) had an oink and so on. We managed to do it for half the lesson with just a few strange looks before a particularly loud oink sent her running out of the room shouting, "Are you saying I'm a pig? Are you calling me fat?" It hadn't occurred to us that she would take it another way, and we were laughing too hard to be sympathetic or reassure her it wasn't. We got triple work that week.
Someone in my year had a kind of wrestle with a teacher who had broken his leg and they were poking each other with one of the crutches!

Also, we had this teacher who could talk about ANYTHING for YEARS so we thought we'd think of something random and obscure to ask him about that he wouldn't know anything about, so we decided on Robin Hood. So we mentioned this, and he went on about robin hood for half an hour! Turns out he lived in Nottingham and has visited sherwood forest...we couldnt believe it!!!

Then we went to sleep again :-)
Reply 149
The stupidest, most idiotic thing I've ever been told off for is when first thing in the morning me and two friends were stood outside our lesson before it started, a teacher walks past and my friend, lets call him Henry, says to the other, lets call him Sam, "hey, say "Hello Mr Gray!"" for no real reason, just trying to be funny. The other guy says it, but I've heard none of this. Mr Gray then turns round, the conversation went something like:

Mr Gray: Who said that?
Us: Uh...
*Sam looks over his shoulder as if trying to see who he's talking to, despite being stood against a wall*
Mr Gray: WHO SAID THAT?!
Me: What?
Mr Gray: *rounding on me* WHAT?!
*other two start laughing*
Mr Gray: WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?!?!
Henry: *stifling laughter* Uh...
Mr Gray: WHO SAID MY NAME?!
Me: I didn't hear anything.
Mr Gray: Right. What's your name?
Me: ....pardon?
Mr Gray: What's your name. I'm reporting you.
Henry: *laughs*
Me: But I didn't do anything...
Mr Gray: Then who was it?
Me: I don't know.
Mr Gray: Yeah, right. Name please.
Sam: Actually sir, it was me.
Mr Gray: What?!
Sam: It was me.
Mr Gray: Why did you call my name?
Sam: .....I don't know.
Mr Gray: Right, that's it, you're all coming with me. You've all got Saturday detentions and I'm writing home to your parents.

Which he did actually do, pillock. But I got out of mine, as did Henry, as the teacher who actually issued the detentions realised what a completely idiotic situation it was, but unfortunately the person who commited the hanus crime had to pay the consequences, and Sam had to spend half his Saturday in detention for saying hello to a teacher...
^ Ridiculous :p:
Reply 151
My whole form got told off for this in Year 11 - a couple of girls were sitting on the window ledge and resting their feet on the radiator - they decided to jump down from the window, but as they did this the radiator came too!! The raditor fell straight off the wall and the pipes bent round and broke through the skirting board. Was the funniest thing we had ever seen, we went to get our form tutor (and we thought he would be really angry) tuirns out when he saw the radiator he burst out laughing. The head of year was fuming - plus they locked our classromms as the thought the radiator was gonna leak everywhere :biggrin:
Reply 152
Also, in a music lesson once when there was no teacher in the room, one of those strip lights just exploded for no reason and shattered on everyone. Luckily no one was hurt, but when the teacher asked what happened, everyone thought it would be funny to blame the **** of our class and said he was throwing stuff at it, so he got a *******ing and the school didn't have to answer to why their lights just randomly explode and shatter broken glass over a classroom full of kids.
My dumb RS teacher told me off once for blowing my nose during a video!! I was shocked!
I was a good boy =P but I would answer back if I didn't agree to it and I use to call my form tutor by his first time because he didnt really like me and i hated him so it was always Alan. In Year 8 the whole class did that really lame we will rock you thing I think 5ive had just brought out their version of it it got really boring after the millionth time there use to be a girl she left half way through year 10 i never found out why who use to go crazy and would beat anyone up if you said something she didn't like was funny.
Reply 155
A lot of hilarious stuff but here are some of the highlights...

Year 9, someone in my Maths class's dad had done a nudist calender and a report of it was in the paper. Obviously we were ripping the absolute piss all lesson and the teacher made us stay behind. This kid walked out in digust whilst being told off and the teacher looked at me and said 'I am absolutely disgusted....' and before she could finish I pipped in 'I agree miss, things like that really shouldn't be allowed in the paper'

Years 10 and 11, we had a teacher who really was unfit to teach, absolutely no control of hte class.... I got suspended twice for various incidents with this teacher (trashing his folder, kicking a football, being involved in a ruck in the corridor against him etc) but the funniest thing to happen in terms of a telling off was to my mate in year 11. There was an inspector in the room to observe this teacher as everyone knew he was incompetent and my mate walked into the class and didn't notice this. The teacher started setting my work and my mate put up his hand and said 'Sir f*** off' and subsequently got suspended for four days... This was a normal reaction in that class, its just a shame the inspector was there!

Year 12, My friend had covered me in milkshake so I went up to the supermarket and bought 15 eggs. I threw one at him just as a teacher walked behind him... He ducked and the egg missed the teacher by about a yard. Amazingly, the teacher wasn't too bothered and just said don't do it again...

Well I was still irate with my mate so less than 10 seconds later I threw another egg at my mate but this time at a slightly different angle. The egg hit him on the shoulder yet didnt break (it sort of skidded) and went hurtling towards the teacher who was now a few yards infront. It then went within (no jokes) inches of hitting him and smashed on the wall getting some egg on his tie. He then dragged me and my mate to the Head of Sixth form where we had to explain why after being told not to do it i had thrown another egg.....

Again Year 12, not a telling off but two of my mates came into a lesson well stoned... We were all making less than subtle hints to that effect and it was clear that our teacher (who I'm pretty sure smokes pot too) knew... This went on until he announced one of his comments as 'For the benefit of those who have come to the lesson unchemically intoxicated...' the class erupted....
Reply 156
Me and my three friends of the time were wandering around school after teaching hours and the prats we were, decided to dive over this picket fence and roll down the grass bank on the other side. We all did of course only to notice a whole class full of teachers having a meeting staring at us. We all had to write letters of apologies to the teacher who had planted new bulbs on that grass.

LMAO Twas funny.
Falling asleep in class in RE
saying i dont believe in god in RE when she asked peoples beliefs in the first place
cutting a lads hair as he had cut the hair on the doll i was making out of cardboard (year2)
Oh yeah and trying to electrocute my mate with a power pack in physics while the teacher watch my every move
Giving the whole ICT class a list of website to access blocked sites from (Had to show the ICT tech them all while not laughing at his stupity)
Maybe we should reawaken this thread?
I was told off for using a ruler about a year ago. Yes, just using a ruler, to underline the date in maths, as you do. Apparently I was "wasting time". Luckily I only had that teacher for a term, before the sets were swapped a bit. Then I got the best teacher :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending