Tom_Anks
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Has anyone made their own personal meal-plans for uni? I'm going to Lancaster on the 27th and think I meal plan will be super-useful in not helping me overspend.

So far I only have a few brief ideas - porridge with various fruits for breakfast, a handful of rice-based meals, omlettes and similar things.

If anyone has a meal plan they use/are going to use I'd love if they could share it.
OnionRing
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Subbed!! I move in this week and haven't sorted out a meal plan yet
VinnicombeDmv
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I actually prepared one a few weeks ago. Ignore the cost bit, that's bound to change if you don't use Sainsbury's or are able to find good deals.

My meal plan might bore you, but just thought I'd help :P.
Tom_Anks
Rep:
?
Bloody fantastic, thank you!
Niamhrado
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tom_Anks)
Has anyone made their own personal meal-plans for uni? I'm going to Lancaster on the 27th and think I meal plan will be super-useful in not helping me overspend.

So far I only have a few brief ideas - porridge with various fruits for breakfast, a handful of rice-based meals, omlettes and similar things.

If anyone has a meal plan they use/are going to use I'd love if they could share it.
I don't have a set meal plan but have scribbled down a few recipes/meal ideas. I really like pasta and it's cheap so I'll be eating a lot of macaroni cheese/pasta bakes/carbonara. You can buy good quality fresh burgers for not too much and add bacon/cheese/salad, and I will probably make a stir fry sometimes as well. If money's a bit tight, you could have an omelette or jacket potato to fill you up got next to nothing. There's some good recipes on the BBC website as well

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/student
askastatsq
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I actually have very detailed meal plans as I track my calories, macros, micros and spending: it basically boils down to porridge for breakfast, rice with various sauces/beans/vegetables for dinner, and protein shakes through out the day, with maybe the occasional chicken on the weekend. This probably seems very boring, but it's cheap, I get all the protein I need, and I can always fit in variation with the toppings on the porridge or the sauce on the rice.

Just worried about getting protein deliveries at the uni accommodation...
kate113855
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by askastatsq)
I actually have very detailed meal plans as I track my calories, macros, micros and spending: it basically boils down to porridge for breakfast, rice with various sauces/beans/vegetables for dinner, and protein shakes through out the day, with maybe the occasional chicken on the weekend. This probably seems very boring, but it's cheap, I get all the protein I need, and I can always fit in variation with the toppings on the porridge or the sauce on the rice.

Just worried about getting protein deliveries at the uni accommodation...
I had a huge tub of protein delivered to my university. It came in a box though so I got no weird looks
Mike.Ross
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Definitely, need some sort of a meal plan after this summer.

(Original post by kate113855)
I had a huge tub of protein delivered to my university. It came in a box though so I got no weird looks
Booo...Keele Uni :plz2:

Haha.
DirtyHarry01
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I eat a lot so Ill probably try and keep things cheap. I can roughly estimate macros by looking at foods and it hasnt let me down yet.
askastatsq
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Haha, I'm more worried about being in for deliveries etc. My uni said they don't deal with parcels, so I'm not suree if I'd have to stay at home on delivery day or what.
username909838
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You'll not end up sticking to a plan because you'll become inconsistent. Believe me.
kate113855
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mike.Ross)
Definitely, need some sort of a meal plan after this summer.

Booo...Keele Uni :plz2:

Haha.
Mate, Keele is fab
Tom_Anks
Rep:
?
(Original post by Beatlemania)
You'll not end up sticking to a plan because you'll become inconsistent. Believe me.
It depends. I couldn't imagine being catered though - what happens if you miss a meal!
DirtyHarry01
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Mate, Keele is fab
Keele was really nice when I went there for the open day, I live nearby and probably would have went there had I not got into Sheffield.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (686)
33.89%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (860)
42.49%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (387)
19.12%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.5%

Watched Threads