The Student Room Group

I can't put up with my "friend" anymore, my stress levels are through the roof.

Ok, so basically I've recently come back from the Summer break from school and am 3 days through Year 10 and I already feel like I'm going to have a mental breakdown. There's this mate that I've been friends with for about 6-7 years but for most of this time, I've just been putting up with him. As he's gotten older, he has become increasingly manipulative towards me (and everyone for that matter) and very impulsive, hyperactive, sceptical about everything and vicious (Virtually every negative trait that you could think of) And I've pretty much had enough of it. I can't seem to have much of a social life within school because of him. I wish I could have the guts to end the friendship but even if I could, we're within close proximity of each other for 5 days of the week (that's if he doesn't pester me at the weekends) This guy isn't just ruining my social life, he's also wrecking my education, just before I broke up from school for the Summer, I took a History test where he was directly opposite me and just mucked around for the whole time by talking in an Indian accent very loudly and throwing paper objects at me. You would probably ask "why he wasn't then taken out of the test?" and the reason was: Me and him were in a separate room to the rest of the class and the assistants within that room weren't nearly strict enough. Anyways, I could ramble on for ages about how he's making my life a living hell but I know you don't have all day so...what course of action should I take?I can't go on like this otherwise it's going to be very detrimental towards my health.
SIMPLE
Dont be friends with him!

WHY DO PEOPLE NOT REALIZE THIS
get rid of him - before your school results are compromised - if he messes them up for you then you'll regret it so much. Even if you weren't near an important time in school - he's a toxic friend. Block him 'til he gets the message. If he doesn't - just tell him "I don't want to hang around you anymore" etc. if he still pesters you just tell him to F*** off.
Reply 3
If you have a pastoral support team in your school, go to them first. You don't want to cut off a 7 year friendship just like that, there might be reasons for his behaviour and if he can sort that out for your friendship then it's great. If he can't, drop him. Sometimes it's better to be selfish than selfless, especially with your health and your grades.

Quick Reply

Latest