The Student Room Group

How to be Head Girl

I have just started a new sixth form, I don't know many people. I really want to go for Head Girl because it will make me feel good about myself and other reason. Any advice? Oh and volunteering is compulsory so it won't be noticed.
Original post by Hemmokat.
I have just started a new sixth form, I don't know many people. I really want to go for Head Girl because it will make me feel good about myself and other reason. Any advice? Oh and volunteering is compulsory so it won't be noticed.

At my own school head girl was voted for by the rest of S6, does yours work the same way?
Reply 2
yes, that's why I need to get popular fast.
Realistically it seems unlikely you'll be able to make sufficiently huge an impression in the space of only a year, to outshine candidates who have been at the school throughout their secondary education. But be friendly to absolutely everyone, say hello, be the 'binder' who brings isolated people into discussions, show leadership skills, keep your grades high, get involved in a few extracurriculars. The most important of those is showing leadership skills (and that's rather a hard concept to describe).
Original post by Hemmokat.
yes, that's why I need to get popular fast.

If you can be confident, starting sharing to people what you would do as head girl that would benefit them, as most will automatically tune into that
Be that annoying, popular, super competitive and big headed girl of the year :smile:
It's influenced by participation in school activities and academic achievement. We had a voting system (Which turned out to be redundant because the principal chose regardless).

I would say take part in as much school activities as possible if you're "Wanting" to be head girl. Other than looking good on a personal statement however, I don't really understand it's importance.
Reply 7
Original post by Huda_medo
Be that annoying, popular, super competitive and big headed girl of the year :smile:

yes could do but I practically useless at my most sports :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest