The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Modern Languages

I'm new to this so I have no idea if this will achieve anything but I really want to get to know a few people at UCL before I start! :smile: Also wondered is anyone else at Ramsay Hall or studying Modern Languages?
Doing Modern Languages here! :biggrin: As for accomodation, I have to re-apply (I'll be commuting for the first few days, but I don't want to have to do that long-term). Have you joined the Modern Languages Fresher's group on Facebook?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by PianoKeys4
Doing Modern Languages here! :biggrin: As for accomodation, I have to re-apply (I'll be commuting for the first few days, but I don't want to have to do that long-term). Have you joined the Modern Languages Fresher's group on Facebook?

Hi! :biggrin: I haven't yet, didn't realise there was one! What modern languages are you studying? :smile: as for accommodation, good luck! I messed up with my application and now I'm paying £60 a week more than I intended to but never mind!
I'm doing German and Icelandic. What about you? :smile:
Reply 4

Interesting mix! :smile: I'm doing German and Russian!

:eek: That's scool. There is a Scandinavian Studies dept fb group here: www.facebook.com/groups/487221764713911/ - we're missing an Icelandic student!
Original post by UCLAmyO
Interesting mix! :smile: I'm doing German and Russian!

Nice. :wink: (German and Russian at Nottingham was my insurance.) Is the German ab initio or post-A level/IB/whatever? For me it's (necessarily) post-A level, so maybe we'll find ourselves in a class together.

Original post by Samual
:eek: That's scool. There is a Scandinavian Studies dept fb group here: www.facebook.com/groups/487221764713911/ - we're missing an Icelandic student!

Thanks for the heads up- I just joined. :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Nice. :wink: (German and Russian at Nottingham was my insurance.) Is the German ab initio or post-A level/IB/whatever? For me it's (necessarily) post-A level, so maybe we'll find ourselves in a class together.

Thanks for the heads up- I just joined. :biggrin:

Ikr :wink: Yeah I applied at Nottingham aswell but wasn't as impressed with the faculty as I was at Bath and UCL! Mine was Advanced German & ab initio Russian. We might :biggrin: At least I'll know someone! Do you know anyone at UCL?
Original post by UCLAmyO
Ikr :wink: Yeah I applied at Nottingham aswell but wasn't as impressed with the faculty as I was at Bath and UCL! Mine was Advanced German & ab initio Russian. We might :biggrin: At least I'll know someone! Do you know anyone at UCL?

I have a couple friends who are going there, but they're studying different subjects. I did meet a person who'll be going into her 2nd year of Modern languages on a course this summer. I'm just looking forward to meeting some interesting people. :biggrin:

What German modules are you planning on taking?
Reply 9
I have a couple friends who are going there, but they're studying different subjects. I did meet a person who'll be going into her 2nd year of Modern languages on a course this summer. I'm just looking forward to meeting some interesting people. :biggrin:

What German modules are you planning on taking?

You and me both! :biggrin: Well the film modules don't really interest me, so I'd swing more towards history & literature :smile: how about you?
Original post by UCLAmyO
You and me both! :biggrin: Well the film modules don't really interest me, so I'd swing more towards history & literature :smile: how about you?

I'm most interested in linguistics and then older literature/history (rather than the modern stuff).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending