UCL Modern Languages

Watch this thread
UCLAmyO
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm new to this so I have no idea if this will achieve anything but I really want to get to know a few people at UCL before I start! Also wondered is anyone else at Ramsay Hall or studying Modern Languages?
PianoKeys4
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Doing Modern Languages here! As for accomodation, I have to re-apply (I'll be commuting for the first few days, but I don't want to have to do that long-term). Have you joined the Modern Languages Fresher's group on Facebook?
UCLAmyO
Rep:
(Original post by PianoKeys4)
Doing Modern Languages here! As for accomodation, I have to re-apply (I'll be commuting for the first few days, but I don't want to have to do that long-term). Have you joined the Modern Languages Fresher's group on Facebook?
Hi! I haven't yet, didn't realise there was one! What modern languages are you studying? as for accommodation, good luck! I messed up with my application and now I'm paying £60 a week more than I intended to but never mind!
PianoKeys4
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm doing German and Icelandic. What about you?
UCLAmyO
Rep:
Interesting mix! I'm doing German and Russian!
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 7 years ago
:eek: That's scool. There is a Scandinavian Studies dept fb group here: www.facebook.com/groups/487221764713911/ - we're missing an Icelandic student!
PianoKeys4
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by UCLAmyO)
Interesting mix! I'm doing German and Russian!
Nice. (German and Russian at Nottingham was my insurance.) Is the German ab initio or post-A level/IB/whatever? For me it's (necessarily) post-A level, so maybe we'll find ourselves in a class together.

(Original post by Samual)
:eek: That's scool. There is a Scandinavian Studies dept fb group here: www.facebook.com/groups/487221764713911/ - we're missing an Icelandic student!
Thanks for the heads up- I just joined.
UCLAmyO
Rep:
Nice. (German and Russian at Nottingham was my insurance.) Is the German ab initio or post-A level/IB/whatever? For me it's (necessarily) post-A level, so maybe we'll find ourselves in a class together.

Thanks for the heads up- I just joined.
Ikr Yeah I applied at Nottingham aswell but wasn't as impressed with the faculty as I was at Bath and UCL! Mine was Advanced German & ab initio Russian. We might At least I'll know someone! Do you know anyone at UCL?
PianoKeys4
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Ikr Yeah I applied at Nottingham aswell but wasn't as impressed with the faculty as I was at Bath and UCL! Mine was Advanced German & ab initio Russian. We might At least I'll know someone! Do you know anyone at UCL?
I have a couple friends who are going there, but they're studying different subjects. I did meet a person who'll be going into her 2nd year of Modern languages on a course this summer. I'm just looking forward to meeting some interesting people.

What German modules are you planning on taking?
UCLAmyO
Rep:
I have a couple friends who are going there, but they're studying different subjects. I did meet a person who'll be going into her 2nd year of Modern languages on a course this summer. I'm just looking forward to meeting some interesting people.

What German modules are you planning on taking?

You and me both! Well the film modules don't really interest me, so I'd swing more towards history & literature how about you?
PianoKeys4
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You and me both! Well the film modules don't really interest me, so I'd swing more towards history & literature how about you?
I'm most interested in linguistics and then older literature/history (rather than the modern stuff).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (63)
66.32%
No (25)
26.32%
I didn't use it to prepare (7)
7.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise