YuS97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'v just started A2 maths now but in AS i got a C overall. C1 : 64,C; C2:57 D; S1: 71 B. I wanna resit C1 and C2 because i heard C3 and C4 are extremily hard and i really need to bank these 'easier' modules. What do you guys think? GCSE i was an A grade student but i didn't do my homework last year which was probably the biggest reason i didn't do so well. Just wondering because i'm also resitting Geog 1 and PSYA1. Personally i dont know if i will even be offered a place at university because i got CCE. Any advise? Is A2 maths really really difficult? How can i stay on top of my work?
Cherry82
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey, so how did you find AS? Was it extremely hard? Do you have any regrets or are you overall happy with that year?
YuS97
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cherry82)
Hey, so how did you find AS? Was it extremely hard? Do you have any regrets or are you overall happy with that year?
I thought C1 was easy. Kept getting B's in all tests. C2 was not a good exam for me BUT since i was only 1/2 marks off a C and i know i can get a B with hard work since i slacked for that module. S1 was easy also. AS was not too bad but my motivation just wasn't there. I am ,now, eager to pursue that B IF NOT A grade!!
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by YuS97)
I thought C1 was easy. Kept getting B's in all tests. C2 was not a good exam for me BUT since i was only 1/2 marks off a C and i know i can get a B with hard work since i slacked for that module. S1 was easy also. AS was not too bad but my motivation just wasn't there. I am ,now, eager to pursue that B IF NOT A grade!!
If you found the content of C2 tricky then I would definitely recommend retaking the AS units as C3 and C4 are quite a bit harder.
It is also pretty easy to redo the core modules, as everything in A2 builds on AS (apart from a couple of topics that get left behind after C2).
A lot if people in my maths class got As overall by doing very well in AS then getting Bs or Cs in C4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cherry82
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by YuS97)
Wow interesting. No worries, I'm sure you'll get that grade. The thing is, I've noticed that C2 has always seemed to be the hardest bit for students in AS.
YuS97
Rep:
?
i hope :/
Jkizer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Personally i found A2 maths fairly good. C3 is actually fairly simples after you spend a few past papers on it. Seriously, it will just take time and you will be comfortable. However, its quite easy to make mistakes on it imo!

C4 for me was hell. A lot more unpredictability and again very easy to make mistakes with all them intergration stuff. However, i spent quite a bit of time on my other subjects and kinda forgot about maths mostly until the week of the exam. I also retook C1 + C2 and i would suggest doing some questions of each topic some time Feb/March and leaving the rest until exam season. I spent 2/3 days before the exams basically doing the shizzles out of questions. Managed to get 90's in them, which really helped me bump up to an A grade in Maths despite getting a C in C4 (somehow)

For psycho, try make model essays as you go through them. Dont be like the majority of us psychology students last year making last ditch essays and cramming
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads