Crazydavy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Does anyone know if the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 sold in the US is any different to what you can buy in the UK? They both seem to come with a 36W power supply so all I would have to do is buy a US to UK adapter plug.

One of my parents is currently in the US and you can get some considerable savings compared to UK prices. However this is dependent on the price in a Walmart store being the same as the online store price which could be different?

Converting to GBP the i3 version with keyboard in the US is £577 (£649 in UK) and the i5 version is £701 (£859 in UK).

Any help is welcome
matt2k8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You may need to buy an entire UK power adapter rather than just use a converter as the one included may not be dual voltage (would be surprised if not though). There may also be issues to do with claiming on the warranty if anything goes wrong. Also, them prices will be before sales tax so the price difference may not be as big as you think (but it'll probably still be cheaper).
Crazydavy
Rep:
?
Thanks for the answer, the added tax does make it slightly less worth doing
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Crazydavy)
Does anyone know if the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 sold in the US is any different to what you can buy in the UK? They both seem to come with a 36W power supply so all I would have to do is buy a US to UK adapter plug.

One of my parents is currently in the US and you can get some considerable savings compared to UK prices. However this is dependent on the price in a Walmart store being the same as the online store price which could be different?

Converting to GBP the i3 version with keyboard in the US is £577 (£649 in UK) and the i5 version is £701 (£859 in UK).

Any help is welcome
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/106-m...-n-bt40-win-81
Crazydavy
Rep:
?
Thanks for that. A very tempting offer but I'm a little skeptical when the surface pro 3 has gone through 2 revisions since the initial one. The product is also awaiting an ETA on scan so that could take ages..
NPI
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The only issue is that the keyboard layouts are different (had that problem with the Power Cover for the Surface Pro bought from Canada). Have you taken into account the educational discount that you get from the UK microsoft website? As has already been mentioned, don't forget that you have to add tax to published prices in North America.

In terms of 1st gen vs 3rd gen, I have both the SP1 and the SP3 - the SP3 is far superior in every way.
HRaphael490
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Take a look at the Microsoft Student Store, you get educational discount on the Surface Pro 3 and accessories!

The type cover and pen make for an amazing note-taking experience for uni!

Better to buy from the UK as well to avoid keyboard, power adapter and tax issues as said above. Its also ships faster from the UK!

Check out the store here: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...oryID.64543200
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (374)
56.41%
I don't have everything I need (289)
43.59%

Watched Threads