The Student Room Group

Is my ukcat score good enough??!!

I got 635 average, so 2540 and band one sjt. Happy with the sjt but a bit worried thatbmy overall score might not be good enough :/ hoping to apply to glasgow, edinburgh, st andrews and aberdeen.....any advice?? :smile:
It partly depends on the other parts of your application, like your grades. It might be wise to avoid those with an absolute cutoff for UKCAT score; keep an eye on this year's average and cutoffs.

You may not meet the cutoff for Glasgow, which will be at least 650 based on previous years.
Edinburgh don't have a fixed cutoff but as they don't interview your academics would need to be excellent to make up for your UKCAT, most applicants have a very high UKCAT.
Same for St Andrews, excellent academics can make up for a lower UCKAT, though they do have a cutoff which varies every year, and most successful applicants have around 675.
Aberdeen might be ok, UKCAT is a big part of their pre-interview decision making, but people have been invited to interview with lower UKCAT than you.

I assume you are Scottish based on these choices :smile: - have you thought about Dundee?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Thank you! This is a great help! I have six standard grades at grade 1, two int 2 grade A and five highers grade A. This year I am doing three advanced highers and I hope my academics will make up for my low ukcat score.
Yeh i am Scottish, and have considered Dundee as an option, just not too sure since it is a bit further away from home :/

thanks for all your help it is much appreciated! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending